FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Tokay Geckos
Thread: Tokay Geckos
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 11:58 PM   #4
Road Warrior
My Tokays pretty much lay a clutch about once a month most the year. Watch for signs of the male being aggressive, you may need to remove him to give the females a break. Sounds like you have a large one and he will over power the females if they don't want to mate causing injuries. It took me a while to trust it but the Tokays, male and female, do watch over the eggs and the young after they hatch. They do not eat the young. The babies do very well and grow fast when kept with the adults. I'd be very careful putting any young ones back in their tank you have removed and hatch out in a incubator or what not. Tokays are very territorial and may attack new ones added to their home. The male will begin chasing around young males and they need to be removed around 8-9 months old. I never really keep any in that long. It's very facinating watching hatchlings interact with large adults and juvies too for that matter. Before you know you will have more Tokays than you know what to do with, hehe

This is my 2 Female breeders and and a couple 3 month juvies