FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Giving birth after 6 years from a male...
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #26
waddlecaudle
I am 99% sure that Colorado State Vet Hospital does DNA testing on all types of animals (I know they do dog, equine, and avian). You can call them and they may be able to help you or tell you a center somewhere around that can help you. It doesn't have to be local, if you are good enough with animals which it sounds like you can take your own blood samples, cool them, and send them in for testing. You could also have a local herp guy draw the blood and have it sent out. However, you might be able to visually look at them. I am not sure about EDB's as much as other reptiles, but if it is asexual reproduction with identical DNA they would have the same patterns and actually should be identical copies of one another (unless somehow there was a DNA mutation in embryo, which would mean your snake had a form of cancer before it was born... very unlikely). I am not a super herp guy, but I am working on my degree in Biomedical Engineering and have my degree in Biochemistry so I can help on the reproduction end if you need it