FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Randall Ellis, Reptile Locators (BAD GUY)
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #82
Chameleon Company
Justyn,

Quote:
The truth is, real problems never seem to be solved this way.
This is true. However, that's not the purpose of the BOI. If this were a real court, might I point out that civil court does not "solve" problems, it mandates and imposes solutions. Opposing parties do not leave the courthouse best friends, and once opposing parties find themselves unable to resolve matters except by full litigation, the process is often described as "surgery with a machete".

The purpose of the BOI is to illuminate. If the added exposure here puts additional pressure on a party or parties to resolve an issue, just as pre-trial litigation often induces pre-trial settlements, then good. Otherwise, its for you and me and everyone else to get a better idea of who we do and don't want to do business with. Whether the OP believes that a BOI thread will actually, as you put it:
Quote:
I think people post them on the BOI to put pressure on someone to do the right thing.
.... the reality is that the BOI does not usually lead to an amicable resolution where complaints are invloved, especially ones of this size. As KMurphy pointed out, the BOI, and civil court, occur after mediation has failed.