FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venemous for sale at reptile shows
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 12:21 PM   #4
Deme
Venomous for sale at reptile shows

Hi Yasin, I believe the fine print is you can sell albinos or other color morphs of native venomous in CA, and you can keep "normal" color phases of native venomous as well, even wild collect them, but you can't sell them within the state. Unless the vendor wants to give them away for free (LOL!) he'll stick to breeding albinos. That said, I've still never seen venomous for sale at a CA herp show, maybe the insurance cost combined with negative publicity from the usual crowd is something the CA herp community wants to avoid, or like I said there may be a state regulation against it. Hilarious thing is, many of the scorpions and spiders you see for sale have venoms that are more toxic than your average hot snake! The hundreds (more likely thousands) of black widows I have on my property are more than a match to the potency of a single rattler! And they're HUGE, at night it looks like the fences are covered by upside down black crabs suspended in mid-air! Luckily I'm also a fan of invertebrates, arachnophobes should definitely avoid inland California! Did I mention the tarantulas and their annual breeding migration...