FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - How many of you have the proverbial " HOT SPOT "
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #6
sppeavy
I havent been out in awile, its still rainy and cool, but im going this weekend. I have herped around Voland, and havnt had much luck. My horned toads were both found North of I70. I heard of collardlizard hill, I think its what your talking about. I never have found it, but I still look. Wall lizards are out like crazy right now, and I did see a Green Lacerta. A rare find! Skinks are all over the place. I actually know the two ladies that live in the two houses in Volland, I used to treat their lawns for weeds and fertilizer every year. Tin is good for rats and ringnecks and garters, but no milks or emories or kings for me except a select few. I just met a guy that said he has snakes in his well every winter, and last year there was a albino garter in there. im not sure how true it is, but we"ll see if he comes through. Any clues on where to start this weekend? If not, Im off to the usual areas. Turtles are starting to move again, I have been rescuing them like crazy, at least 4 or 5 a day.