FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hey Rich
Thread: Hey Rich
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 07:24 PM   #10
WebSlave
I used to take credit cards with my SerpenCo business before retiring it, and quite honestly it was a pain in the butt. And it was becoming an even bigger pain in the butt rapidly. The credit card companies started demanding all sorts of security audits (on my dime, of course), plus all kinds of new red tape they wanted to implement, for security purposes. There fees and red tape were just getting more and more unbearable. I didn't have an accountant on the payroll just to handle all that BS they were throwing my way. So I was glad to just tell them to stuff it, as I didn't need their services any longer.

To go back to that headache is not an option on the table. I would imagine that with new federal regulations on the books concerning establishing a business, it would be an even bigger pain in the butt now just to try to establish an account again. I just got over wrangling with PayPal concerning verifying the business address for FaunaClassifieds. Seems they don't like the fact that the business address is SOLELY a post office box. I think I got that resolved, finally, after spending an hour on the phone with someone, but with PayPal, it's hard to tell. Just because one of their representatives tells you something doesn't necessarily mean the rest of PayPal is going to agree to it, much less know about the resolution. I STILL see the notices in my account about verifying my business address......

Maybe restricted choices in payment options have been an issue all along. But when I see all the members who previously were able to pay successfully in the past who have declined to do so when renewal time came along, I kind of doubt that this is a particularly high hurdle for people to negotiate. No, they CHOOSE not to contribute, not FAIL to because of some roadblock. IMHO.