FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Dating an older man?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
shelliebear
Dating an older man?

Well, my first marriage lasted 9 months. Endless issues happened...he spent too much money on stupid car parts we didn't need (a $150 cold air intake? Really? on a '93 explorer?) and left me all the time for his friends.
So I ended up cheating...not right, I know. But anyway, I'm now with that guy, and he's quite a bit older than me. He's 51 and I'm 20.
What do you think about dating older guys? A lot of people have been telling me it's disgusting, but I couldn't disagree more. I've fantasized about older men since I was 10. In fact my mother used to catch me on the internet talking to 40 and 50 year olds when I was that age, and she'd get angry and set up internet passwords that I bypassed over time.
I find older men...much older, even, to be very attractive. I like that they are more "settled"--usually they have a house, a college degree, a job, they know where they want to go. I even like that my guy has family--I'm not sure if I want a family yet, so being around his lets me get to know what it's like. It's nice to have someone who wants to spend time with me, to get to know me, not just be selfish and focus on their needs.
And without going too in depth, there is always that sex factor, with experience. He knows things I had no idea of and it makes it much nicer.
What are your thoughts? Have you dated someone older? What did you think?
I'm just curious to hear other's ideas. It's not going to change my opinion but I'd love to hear yours.