FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - HELP! Tokay Health?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #1
jjwhitedm
HELP! Tokay Health?

Help!

I hope my file went through and you can see the picture, but if not then allow me to describe my problem.

Recently acquired a Tokay, my first Tokay, last Friday at an exotic's store. Seems healthy, not particularly aggressive (has already allowed me to go near her several times, very little defensive stance besides a small warning nip), eats like a champ and her stool is clear and healthy.

But there is something I noticed in the middle of the enclosure. A red/yellow/orange, sparatically splattered substance has dripped on parts of the ground. This was several days ago, with no return of the substance or anything else. At first my thought was blood, or potentially worms of some kind. But nothing in her stool has led me to believe this is it. All of her feces are in the corner of the enclosure, with no red stains around that.

Very confused as to what this is, and still worried. She seems well, acting fine and still eating. I think she may have gotten cut somewhere, or maybe nawn by a cricket somehow, but I inspected her as best I could and saw nothing.

Also worried about if she had been wild caught or not, although she is relatively young.
Help!
Attached Images