FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Can't find my Mom & Dad
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 04:01 AM   #5
PaulSage
Don't you just hate crap like that?!

When I was 13 I worked w/ my dad at a little train station/historical/touristy thing, and when he was out on a run (he was the steam loco engineer) a tornado came out of nowhere and ripped huge trees out of the ground. The track ran 1 1/2 miles into the woods and back, and I ran all the way from the depot where I worked to the other end of the line not knowing what I would find. Parts of the track were torn out of the ground, and there were over a dozen large trees across the track. I kept thinking that after each tree I might see the whole train down at the bottom of the ravine.

Anyway, I got near the end and saw the train--still on the tracks--right at the end of the line. When I found my dad and the dozen or so passengers safely huddled around an old train car at the end of the line that had been turned into a museum thingy, I just completely lost it. Apparently the conductor was watching trees crash down on the tracks right behind them.

Okay, sorry that was completely off-topic, but it's 3am and I need a break from studying for finals.

I'm glad they're okay Wendy.