FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Spider wobble
Thread: Spider wobble
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 05:16 PM   #5
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert7107 View Post
I am not quite sure what the cause of it is? Is their a way to keep it from happening? I hear that woma and hidden gene womas get it as well.
I honestly haven't studied genetics enough to provide a better answer other than that it's just part of the gene. It doesn't matter if it's mixed with other genes and has nothing to do with inbreeding, any time you get a spider morph out it's going to have wobble to some extent. There's also no way to determine how much wobble a snake will have based on the parents; I bred a hidden gene woma male with virtually no wobble and got out a baby that had severe wobble. In the same clutch were two other hidden gene womas with very minor wobble. It's completely random.

There's no way to prevent it, it's part of the gene. Some people think it's from inbreeding or that breeding low wobble animals will get rid of it, but that's wishful thinking. People who say their animals have no wobble are full of it, it's probably extremely low wobble and they aren't experienced enough to pick up on it.

Spider, woma, hidden gene woma, champagne...I want to say there's another I'm forgetting, but they all have some amount of wobble. They're also all lethal in the super form and lethal when crossed together. I highly recommend not breeding any of them together simply from an ethical standpoint.