FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Black tail cribo not eating
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 09:46 PM   #1
ajhyp
Black tail cribo not eating

Hi, I have a 2019 cb black tail cribo that arrived about a week and a half ago.

I know it hasn't been too long since he came, and he might be still adjusting to the environment, but just wanted to ask for some advice.

Currently the temps on hot side reads 85, and 78 on the cold side. He has 4 hides. One hide on the hot side one on the cold side, one in the middle, and one humid hide on the hot side. I provided him with a grape wood piece and some fake plants to give him more security. He is active, and seems healthy. Always out infront of his enclosure in the early morning too.

I tried feeding him a pinky after three days arrival, and no luck. I try 3days after (As far as I know, they have a faster metabolism than most snakes, and should be fed twice a week.) and still no luck. This time I tried pinkies , silversides, fish scented pinky, and anole scented pinky. I also left all the food in his cage and left him alone for 6 hours(4pm-10pm). He didn't take anything. I tried again today, and he still wasn't interested.

Since cribos are known for their appetite, I'm starting to become worried that something might be wrong with the setup, but can't point out what.

If I'm doing something wrong, please point it out, and if you have any suggestions to get him to start feeding, please.. Anything will help.!