FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - One Cocky Cockatiel *expert suggestions appreciated*
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
Tears_and_Fangs
One Cocky Cockatiel *expert suggestions appreciated*

...lemme start off by saying I haven't been on Fauna in such a loooonnggg time, feels good to be back!

Anyhoo, most the people on here knows me for having reptile pets, (I still have my bp "Mr. Hissers," and he is swell!) So, through out my childhood I have owned ALOT of different domestic and wild animals...but can you believe it I have NEVER owned a bird!

I just purchased a budgie 3 days ago from the pet shop, and yesterday I discovered an ad about a lady looking for someone to adopt a female Cockatiel named "Twitty." FREE is such a wonderful offer not to pass up, plus my Budgie ("Frost") needs a friend to talk to so he won't be lonely when school starts back...so I got her.

Anyways, she is wild...these birds thrive for attention and you can tell the lady never handled her or attempted to. Everytime I put my hand in her cage she panics and flies around, but shes already making progress now she sats still and sorta hisses and tries to bite...I think her actions are from stress, fear, or territorial...or maybe all three.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I checked out at few books at the library on this topic and looked at a few webpages, but I'd like to hear some suggestions from a few people that have alot or some bird expierience.

I guess I should be patient...maybe she needs some time.

Thank You All! Love Ya!