FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - new iguana
Thread: new iguana
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 12:20 AM   #14
Rydia
like i said this was based off my own experiences and opinions, things i read in books and tried, ect.. i am very open to trying new stuff and i will definitely try leaning over one of my iggys more instead of avoiding this action and see how he reacts compared to the others, it does make sense. i have learned that in iggy language the less dominant would put his nose th the ground, while the other would lean and bob, ect.. Another "leaning" thing, when i get my big male out of the tub and dry him he leans into my hand. Some people say its affectonent. Another "leaning" thing, i find that since they feel safer up high i will always approach them crouched below them, they seem less nervous that way, this may confirm what Coyote was saying. So leaning can depend on the situation or individual in my opinion. Also each of our iggys tells you how they feel differently, for example how they react in fear, our young female will run first thing, our small male will extend his dewlap and try and look tough, our med male will go straight to biting no dewlap out,warning or anythong, and our largest runs to a keeper(hand raised, he knows he can get things out of humans). i think that everyone should be open to eachother instead of competitive, we can learn more and become better keepers that way.
i doubt you need to worry about it with water dragons though, the stereotypical dragon is pretty tame and probably wont care. but then again he might, one of our dragons does and the other doesn't. i think it all depends on the individual, like us they all think differently. Also i find that arboreal lizards and terrestrial lizards speak a diffrent language, easy example, um.. a ground lizard may puff up and lean sideways, while the arboreal will use his dewlap.
something i think is funny, is that none of us are even talking about the posts "bedding" subject anymore. LOL
Anywho what works for one person may not work for another, you'll just have to filter all the advice people give you and try stuff out for yourself.
sorry for spelling sloppy, im in a hurry
oh yeah maybe i have a horrible vocabulary but i've never heard the word "anthropomorphizing", could you please tell me what it means?