FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - I need some advice about mite treatment
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #39
akaangela
"Before spraying, remove amphibians, water and any desirable of food arachnids or insects from the vicinity. Vapors will kill spiders and insects. Do not use with in the vicinity of any arachnids or amphibians. Do not use until these specimens are removed to another location. Do not apply to heating devices or heating device covers. DO NOT ALLOW REPTILES TO BREATH VAPORS. Do not use in bare cages without substrate. Treated substrate/enclosure will kill any feed insects introduced for at least 2 weeks. Treat or feed any insectivores in separate cage. Do not spray directly in/on eyes, mouth or genitalia of pets. For direct application to tortoise only. Do not apply directly on snakes, lizards or other reptiles. Vacate rooms after treatment and ventilate before reoccupying. Avoid contamination of feed and foodstuffs. Do not allow children or pets to contact treated areas until surfaces are dry."

This is directly from the back of the PAM can. It says "Do not use in bare cages without substrate." What do they mean? Can you use paper towels as your substrate? Do you spray the paper towels with pam and not the bottom of the cage? I bought 3 cans of it (LOL ok I over due things sometimes) so I would always have it on hand. Yes you do want to use it outside or a well ventilated area but that is a given with almost any spray that kills anything.

Also. Can you use it for hatchling snakes? If you have the humidity up high will it wash it off and poison the babies (or any other snake). What if your snake tips over their water when you have your container sprayed? None of this is addressed on the label.