FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - FaunaClassifieds upgrade now in progress
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
upgrade!?
I hate being upgraded! It always involves learning how to do stuff I used to know how to do! and it usually breaks as soon as I start to figure it out!
Oh well~ I imagine I'm in the minority in hating upgrades.

I don't actually know what a wiki or blog feature would do~ but I do like the idea of pics next to the ads~ if thats what y'all are saying.

Blogs are like a journal, on the forum. Its sort of a personal space where you can update about your life, and people can read and make comments. * we can sort of do that now, when we post on the forums, or General BS, or SOUND OFF!* so that wouldnt be as big of a thing to me. * But i would use it!*

Wiki, is like Wikipedia.... ive never really seen it implemented on a website, so i cant say how it works on smaller sites, but that, anything on wikipedia can be edited, and changed, or added to. Its like, an encyclopedia that everyone gets to add info to. They are reviewed and edited by your peers though, so if you put something in thats obviously wrong, it will be taken out. * ive never edited or put info in one, so i dont know how the process works entirely, just a basic understanding* But i would think we would use it here, on species of snakes, and care, and maybe problems that arise? Not sure..... It could be quite useful though