FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #145
weird_science04
I don't post on the BOI very often. Andrew you have some beautiful animals and they definitely are top notch. I don't know anyone really involved. I don't know anything about the 3 men involved in purchasing this snake and I only know that Andrew posts on RTB to show off his beautiful aztecs.

I completely agree with Diem and Chris Canada-Smith on this.

The reality is, they purchased a snake that was worth more than my husband's car is worth. That snake has a hefty price tag on it and with this economy, this price tag should not be taken lightly.

Now, the snake is dead. While speculation leans towards a shipping error, you will never get your proof you want of how that snake actually died. Is it a shame? Yes. But you will never actually know for sure exactly what caused that snakes death.

While the OP and the other 2 have not shown themselves in the best manner to you, the reality stands that you have a bad guy post now. Inside the bad guy post, shows that you acknowledge this sale, you acknowledge the snake is yours that is dead, Diem shows the timeline of the pictures to show that the pictures were indeed taken the day of the snake's arrival, Diem also does more detective work to show that the temperatures were too high for 2 heat packs and it could have just been an honest error, and this post is showing that you are really, really, really hesitant about refunding this guy his money.

For reputation sakes, your snakes cost way too much money for the person who does not know you to invest in, if they feel you will not be willing to refund the money if something happens during transit. Think about your future. I am not saying no one will ever purchase from you because that is not the case. However, more and more people are selling aztecs now and with more people selling them, if someone had the slightest hesitancy on buying from you over this thread, then they will go elsewhere.

It is not like someone will say, "Well, this snake only costs $150, so if something bad happens during transit, I will only be out $150." The person will say, "Wow, that snake costs $10,000 and if something happens during transit, will I get my money back? Hmm, this person is selling a similar snake for $6,000 and I have more faith in getting my money back if something bad happens from them."

I am sorry this is happening but reality sits that you are the one that can set this right. You are the one that can show off how awesome you are when something doesn't go as planned.

You have to make your choices and other people will be the judge on what is right and wrong. Unfortunately, you are caught in the middle of this.

Personally, I would refund the guy his money. I would not send another snake because of the threats and blackmail attempt.

Good luck in the decision you make.

Star