FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - First Field Collection, & I wasn't even trying :-)
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
HeartAche
First Field Collection, & I wasn't even trying :-)

Im walking towards the kitchen & I see a bird on the back porch acting strange. I go to the door to try to scare it away and I see another bird down the steps kind of freaking out. I had to go see what they were freaking out about and as soon as i opened the door i saw this little guy trying to get away from the birds.

So I scare the birds away and Im excited because this is the first snake I have seen around my house in a few years. I run inside & grab the camera and take a about 10 pix without disturbing him, then i went ahead and grabbed a glove to pick him up. I think its a san diego gopher snake but Im not 100% sure. Can any1 tell from these pixx?

And it was pretty cool because I got to see what my zoology teacher was telling me about certain snakes rattling their tail against brush to imitate the sounds of a rattlesnake. After I took my pix I let him calm down then released him into a bushy patch on the other side of the steps that has a bit more cover.