FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Please let me know if this is illegal on site- OT
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
Beardiepal
I have many squirrels in my yard

I have so many squirrels and those durn chipmunks in my yard you would not believe. My dad planted trees in my yard that have acorns and ever since I see squirrels all the time. They dig up my bulbs & flowers and last year I almost invested in a BB gun, LOL. Really wouldn't...Anyway the wind blew the nest out of my tree of many nests that you can see quite well in the winter,,, My Ava, pitbull, who tries to shake the squirrels out of the tree was barking for an hour straight...nest fell to bottom branches...I could see nothing was in it so I got the broom and knocked it down so she would see nothing was there..Two hours later she was frantically barking and this baby squirrel scurried up the tree trunk just above where she could get it...I waited outside for 30 minutes for this baby to take off up the tree and she was frozen with fear. I came in and got a dish towel and took her off the tree trunk and ever since she has been ours !! I fed her puppy formula for 3-4 weeks and then started adding nuts and monkey bites, she eats much of what our beardies eat. BN and yellow squash, mustard and collard greens, she loves pecans, fruit bites, and more. I never dreamed she would be ours forever but what will be will be...LOL> Pic of Ava shaking the squirrels out of the trees...she loves this squirrel...licks her to clean her...it is amazing.... B

Ava really is a sweetie...she just is a dog !!! LOl. B