FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - SCAMMER!!! John Mike from Canada / France / UK???
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 04:59 PM   #19
mhwc56
I was reading our local small town paper the other day.In the Police Report there was an article that dealt with just this thing...
'two residents have recently fallen victim to a new scam and have lost a substantial amount of money.
the officer said both parties were initially contacted by someone asking if they would deposit a check and then ,after the check had cleared,withdraw the cash. The checks were receivedvia regular mail and appeared to be genuine. Both parties deposited the checks and after a 3 day wait sent the cash as requested-only to find the checks bounced. They were then not only out of the money they sent to the scammer but had to replace the funds to their own bank-a double penalty for this insidious scam.
One scammer claimed to be part of the Canadian Lottery ,the other was a simple request for help.'
I mention this article because it it sounded so similar to the first post.
I just cannot understand why some people would fall for such a blatent pile of...as what was written in this report though.