FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Please read: Pending Lawsuit from Venomous Snake Bite
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 05:29 PM   #27
HouseOfSerpents
I hate to say it but it doesn't look too good. I will say that there might be the distinct possibility that this kid's mother is going to try to "milk" this situation to try and get some cash. Its sounds like the email saying he was free-handling and kissing the snake was meant to be some sort of foreshadowing to this "lawsuit". However, if this kid did receive a bite, you have kinda backed yourself into a corner by letting a minor take the snake. Now another minor comes forth saying that you sold them a venomous snake. Not good. There may not be a provision in your local law about the sale of venomous species, however there is probably a clause somewhere about selling dangerous items such as weapons, chemicals, etc which may or may not apply.

I hate to kick a man when he is down, but under no circumstance should a minor own a venomous snake, even a copperhead. In fact, I really don't think anyone under 25 should either. If you aren't responsible enough to be allowed to rent a car, how can you be responsible enough to handle such an animal. Lets face it, the main reason alot of this kids want these animals is to show off.

I truly wish you good luck as no matter what happens, it doesn't sound like you deserve this. I would agree with Neil, do not under any circumstance reply anymore to this thread. The same would go for those of you that want to stick up for you as they can really hurt your case. Lawyers are famous for taking harmless words out of context to turn them on you. Seek good legal council and refrain from contacting anyone else regarding this.