FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
Thread: Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami)
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #76
2amcreations
I've bought many many many critters from Mike over the years...from way back when he was a kid to just a couple weeks ago. I can say that I've never gotten anything in that had any problems, mites, or anything else.

This really is sounding like the OP has a personal problem with Mike more than anything.

I worked in an all reptile shop for several years and the quarantine for that small shop was simply treat the snake & cage for mites and mark it as NFS until it had fed a couple times. Yes the animals were on display, yes they were near other animals.....because there wasn't enough room for an entire chunk of the store to be dedicated to quarantine. I imagine that most shops are like that, I doubt very many have the luxury of an additional quarantine space where everything can go and live for 3 months to make sure it is tip top. That isn't realistic in any sense for a retail shop. You do the best you can with what you've got available. Seems to me that is exactly what Mike is doing.

The smuggling comment. That is just petty and sad to feel the need to bring that up in this thread. Hope it made you feel like a big guy to say that.