FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Adult Kingsnake Feeding Poll
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 01:43 PM   #9
Uncloudy
Feeding

Yeah Brandon that Brooks is a looker. Seeing all those Eastern Kings on the kingsnake.com is rubbing off on me and I do like the size and look of the goini and brooksi. I might end up with one someday, you all know how snakes go. Hmmm.................Woma/Blackheaded Python or Eastern King...........right now my preference is the Apidites (Woma/Blackhead) but my wallet say go with the eastern king they get huge too.
I feed every week and give the growing snakes under 2 years often 2 meals and the larger snakes 2 meals. I think the every week thing is easier for me because then I don't have to be thawing out mice on daily basis. Sometimes the shed phase can upset the schedule, but it's usually only one or two snakes then they are fed the the next time the rest of my snakes are scheduled. As somebody else posted I save my clean up snakes that never refuse for the last feeding in case anything is left over. And sometimes this is determined by observation of the snake like deficating or increased activity in their terreriums looking for food. Knowing you snakes patterns is important and adjusting feeding according. I don't breed any of my snakes so I'm not looking to power feed or get them big enough to breed in a short amount of time.
Happy Herping,
Uncloudy