FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Chris McVicar and Randy from New Shed Serpents in OKC, OK
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
kellymack515
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianbaby007 View Post
Kelly,

I am sorry to hear about your bad business dealings with these people and the unfortunate ending for one of your babies. However, I am a bit confused. According to your post, you had the type II anery in quarantine for a few weeks and then took her to the vet and stated that you were surprised she had so much color. Did you not look her over when you received her or sometime throughout the few weeks you had her? It just sounded like you were shocked that all of a sudden she had so much color. Then, after you accepted the two additional babies and went to pick them up, you stated that shortly after you got them you noticed mites. Once again, did you not look them over right away? When you were still at his place and before you decided to accept them? That just doesn't make sense to me, especially after his past dealing with you.

Another thing that I guess I don't understand is the amount of vet visits in the short time that you had the DH ghost. If she was in as poor condition as you state and had the stomatitis, I could understand an initial vet visit for treatment and medication. But four vet visits, two of which included tube feedings within under six weeks seems excessive and unfortunately may have contributed to her demise. The vet visits and especially the tube feedings are extremely stressful for a young boa. I don't feel that force feeding a boa that was already sickly was the best solution for the animal.

Now, it was horribly wrong of Chris to sell you boas that he knew were infested with mites. That tells me that he doesn't give a hoot about his snakes or his customers, it's just all about the money he can make. The snakes' problems are in no way caused by you feeding F/T instead of live, they are due to him being a sorry excuse for a businessman and snake keeper.

I agree with Mike, please post the emails that show your correspondence with this character. That will give you a lot of credibility here.

Anya Hogan
Thank you for your reply Anya. Hopefully I can clarify a few things.

I'd checked on the Nic multiple times after I got her but she was always hiding behind her water bowl and I didn't want to stress her out by messing with her. She was in a distinct dark phase when I got her and had significantly lightened up in the two weeks I had to wait to take her to be dewormed (my vet was on vacation). She still doesn't have much color. She's an incredibly dark Nic. But my quarantine is in the closet in my bedroom so it's always dark in there anyway (I use a red bulb so I don't disturb the snakes and rarely bring a lamp in). Once I had her out and under the spotlight at the vet, I noticed the color. She has very pale pink cheeks and a bit of orange on her belly. Her back is still mostly black and gray. The color still isn't fully evident just by looking at her but it *is* there.

I did inspect the babies initially and they went to the vet the day I got them. There was one mite evident at that time and both were treated for them. I was trying to give Chris and Randy the benefit of the doubt. As I said, the Nic's color was barely visible. She fooled me at first as well.

As for the multiple vet visits... I take every new snake I get to my vet immediately to be dewormed. Her first vet visit was the day I got her. The second was for the stomatitis and to start her on Baytril (approximately ten days later). The third visit was for tube-feeding which was three weeks after the second visit. As I said, she'd lost over half of her body weight in three weeks and I was worried that she wouldn't have the strength to fight the infection. We also treated her for mites again as they were still present. The fourth visit was a week after that. I took her in for tube-feeding again and to see about putting her on another medication. We started Agrimycin that day but she passed the next morning. I know it was a lot of visits but I was desperate. I'd come home to find her draped over her water dish with her head hanging limply to the side. She never moved. I was terrified.

As I said, I don't have any emails unfortunately. I'd be more than happy to copy the text messages but I'm not sure they'd contribute as much to credibility.