FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Chris McVicar and Randy from New Shed Serpents in OKC, OK
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #9
SnakeEyesExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbt123 View Post
Kelly, I am deeply sorry for your loss.

As a long-time friend of Kelly, I know how good of a caretaker she is for her animals. I have personally adopted out 2 of my baby boas that were born with physical defects, and she cares for them like her own children.

Kelly did whatever she could to make Sally survive. Whether the vet visits were too stressful and caused her demise is up to argument, but I honestly would have done the same thing instead of just letting the animal suffer. She did the right thing.

I hope that Jack makes it.

-Justyne Dickson

I am in no way stating that I blame Kelly for doing what she did, as she felt that it was the right thing to do in her circumstances. It is hard to sit back and watch an animal perish, and it is not right to do nothing, but at the same time too much intervention can often do more harm than good as well. I simply feel that the animal was stressed out far beyond its ability to cope with the stress, partially due to all the vet visits, and that is what contributed to its passing. I am sure that the major causes were the health problems and mites.

Anya Hogan