FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Luis Taracena (herphobbiest) bad deal
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 12:05 PM   #15
Neil Gubitz
Matt.... I totally understand what you're saying, and in part, I agree with you.... but, as Kevin just said, there is a BIG difference between a cash sale and a "trade".... but, even on a cash sale, I STILL FOLLOW MY OWN RULE.... Why send money to someone you don't know, have never done business with or is just a "weekend warrior"??.... There are MANY well-known people in this industry who will have the same animal as the no-name person.... Why take the chance??.... and even if this person IS on the up and up, how do you know his shipping methods will be up to the industry standards, what type of box he'll use, what company he will ship through (USPS??), if they'll even insert a heat, or cool pack??.... there are just too many variables.... With the established company, you can basically take for granted that they KNOW what they're doing.... it is WELL WORTH the extra couple of bucks to insure a live delivery of a healthy animal.... and, as Kevin said, there are recourses that can be taken in the event something goes wrong....
As I said before, it's YOUR money and YOUR animals.... take whatever chances you want.... I just prefer to do business with people I can TRUST to do the right thing and not give these BS excuses when things don't go right....
Believe me, I'm not trying to rag on you or berate you in any way.... you took your chance and it backfired.... lesson learned....

Neil