couple of questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-04-2005, 01:28 PM   #1
myrogirl
couple of questions

Ok I have a couple of questions

1. How do you determine the price of your babies?

2. What kind of girl would you pair with Turbo?

Here he is: not a great pic. Gotta charge the cam batteries then I may venture outside in the sun! hehe

and his tail:

I like the carroting on his tail. And his yellow color. So I know I want a female with those probably. What would happen if I bred an albino to him? Someone said I should get an albino female lol

3. For just a couple eggs, what type of incubator would you recommend? I only want like 1 or 2 females for now. Yea I know, it could escalate from there! LOL And Im not even positive Ill be incubating a lot of eggs. Maybe a couple just to see. Never incubated eggs before..........

4. Turbo is now 9" long. I measured him the other night. Will he get any longer? or is he about at his limit for that?

Thanks!

Virginia

Old 06-04-2005, 01:30 PM   #2
myrogirl
Heres another pic, just cuz I think its so cute! lol And he doesnt have that substrate in his tank now. He likes paper towels lol

Old 06-04-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
Gekkonida
You might want to try a high yellow mate.???

Old 06-04-2005, 04:41 PM   #4
No1snotsucker
I use a hovabator incubator I got off of ebay for like $30. I could probably fit four containers with about 8 eggs each in it. Maybe more If I had different containers for my eggs.

Old 06-04-2005, 04:45 PM   #5
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1snotsucker
I use a hovabator incubator I got off of ebay for like $30. I could probably fit four containers with about 8 eggs each in it. Maybe more If I had different containers for my eggs.
I use 4 1.1 qt conatiner in havo-bator they hold 12 or so eggs each.

Old 06-04-2005, 06:23 PM   #6
dragonflyreptiles
He is a cutire and nice and BIG if it were me, Id go with a pastel or a high yellow. You could get an albino and get some hets that way too though.

Old 06-04-2005, 06:24 PM   #7
dragonflyreptiles
Oh price is a hard one, I try to go by the patterns they have and morph. And I honestly look around at all the ads all the time to see what similar ones are selling for and try to stay in line with that.

Old 06-04-2005, 07:17 PM   #8
aliceinwl
His spotting looks like it's a little reduced compared to normals and he's got a lot of color on the tail. He might pair up well with a hypo carrot tail. The hines line hypo is a pretty strong trait so you could still produce some nice hypos with him. You can get a pretty good price on the hypos if you watch the classifieds and buy young. I'd say that Turbo is probably full grown.

-Alice

Old 06-04-2005, 09:19 PM   #9
progeckos
Quote:
1. How do you determine the price of your babies?
I usually keep an eye out on classifieds and web site to see what other breeders are charging. Then I price mine accordingly. Basically it’s charging market prices.

Quote:
2. What kind of girl would you pair with Turbo?
Hmmm… well since both his parents were carrot-tails I would pair him with a nice carrot-tail or even a tangerine carrot-tail.

Quote:
What would happen if I bred an albino to him?
The offspring produced would be 100% het for albino. That means that every baby produced would carry the albino gene but will express varying colors of Turbo.

Quote:
3. For just a couple eggs, what type of incubator would you recommend? I only want like 1 or 2 females for now. Yea I know, it could escalate from there! LOL And Im not even positive Ill be incubating a lot of eggs. Maybe a couple just to see. Never incubated eggs before..........
For the amount of eggs you’d have I would recommend a hovabator. You can get them at LLL Reptile. Get the one without the fan.

Quote:
4. Turbo is now 9" long. I measured him the other night. Will he get any longer? or is he about at his limit for that?
He probably won’t get any longer but wider. LOL. I’d say his length is maxed out.

Old 06-05-2005, 11:33 AM   #10
myrogirl
WIDER? Oh my LOL

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! OO a tangerine carrot tail. Ive seen some tangerine albinos too, so maybe Ill get him one of each LOL

And being that he is basically full grown, I would want to get a basically full grown female for him? Or if I got a baby, let her grow up a bit before introducing them?

Virginia

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!