Albino VS Lavender Albino - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #1
Jeff Lazaro
Albino VS Lavender Albino

What is the best way to tell the difference between a lavender albino and a high contrast albino? Some specimens have a light lavender tinting, but some aren't as obvious and look liks a really nice high contrast albino. We don't deal with lavenders yet, so we're not experienced in the morph yet. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff Lazaro
SocalReptilia@yahoo.com

Old 02-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
rboy
An albino may look to have a lavender tint, but a lavender won't look like an albino
i have produced albinos and albino spiders. and I just produced (through a loan) a lav spider and a lav and there's no mistaking the two.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
Jeff Lazaro
Thanks Ryan. Any specific features we can look for? In terms of white and yellow coloring, I've seen some snakes I thought were lavender and they turned out to be really high contrast albinos.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #4
rboy
these had zero meals in them, not even a first shed, and then the female at 300g. not the best pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7956.jpg (304.7 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9339.jpg (123.0 KB, 117 views)

Old 02-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #5
rboy
the spider has bright purple on his head, waiting for the rest of him to color up still. the female, look at the flames on her belly you can see the lavender next to white.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
Jeff Lazaro
Thanks for the pics Ryan. They look awesome. What if a lavender doesn't show a lot of lavender? I've seen some that had almost none but it turned to be one. I've seen flames like those on albinos too.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #7
rboy
Yes flames, but that's where you can see the lavender because it's next to white. I suppose the parents, and the line of lavender make a difference... But just like with regular albinos, pastels, enchis, fires, etc you can't tell until they grow up. Regardless I can assure you that you won't be let down if you get a lav.
I have a super pastel that is not very pretty, I have seen numerous pastels that look better than her... However the stuff she produces is top notch, so it doesn't bother me as much. An she's het albino...

Old 02-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #8
GREGORY J HALL
Good Lavs have a lot of purple , candino is better looks better then the best Lav out there I think it's going to be the cool thing with combos

Old 02-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #9
rboy
Lavenders are lavenders... But I was always hesitant about candinos bc over time they may get washed out or faded from mixing with albinos too much. Although I still want one

Old 02-03-2014, 06:20 PM   #10
GREGORY J HALL
Think your mistaken about candinos they get better and better

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!