thinking about getting a tegu - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-16-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
zigzag
thinking about getting a tegu

hi all im thinknig about getting a tegu i have been looking at a few different ones just not sure which one yet.i like the argentine black and whites but also like the reds and blue.this would be my first tegu but i have other reptiles like monitors and snakes so i do have experence with reptiles just not tegus yet.i have done alot ofreading about them and i know there size and what they eat and all that good stuff.what would you guys think would be a good first tegu?if you have any pics please post em.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:07 PM   #2
varnyard
I would suggest the Argentine tegus. The Black n White, or the Red. They are the most easy to tame of all tegus. They also have a larger variety of food items. The will eat fruit and veggies. The rest tend to be meat eaters.
Here are some pictures of the ones I raise. These are adult Argentine Black n Whites.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:32 PM   #3
zigzag
wow those are awesome man.is that tegu eating a chicken?thats awesome.i will proble go with a argentine b&w do you know where i might be able to get a nice and healthy one at by any chance?

Old 05-17-2006, 01:01 AM   #4
varnyard
Well, they will not hatch until July or August. That is the time that they hatch everywhere. I will have some babies out of mine in July.
http://Varnyard-Herps-INC.com/

Old 05-17-2006, 01:04 PM   #5
zigzag
cool let me know when they hatch and i will get one from you.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
varnyard
Not a problem!! Will do.

Old 05-18-2006, 09:32 AM   #7
Nero557
Good choice man, Arg. B/W are awesome, I currently have two and will probably get a few more. I also have a red, although she is awesome, she is still only a baby so I haven't experienced a whole lot of reds yet. Also, good choice on picking one up from Bobby, he has a lot of experience and is very knowledgeable. I can tell you that you will not be disappointed with an Arg. B/W, or doing business with Bobby. Good luck man, and welcome to the tegu family. Also, feel free to ask as many questions as you feel you need to, no one can ever know too much and even if you think your question is stupid, it's better to be sure than get it wrong and regret it later.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:21 AM   #8
varnyard
Thanks Art!!

Old 05-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #9
zigzag
yeah i love the way the tegus look and there size.im going to wait a little while before i get one right now i have a few monitors and i need to get them there adult cages before buying another one.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #10
zigzag
thanks for the welcome.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!