proprtional thermostat options - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 10-30-2004, 12:12 PM   #1
sumguy
Question proprtional thermostat options

looking to upgrade my temperature control and was thinking about proportional thermostats. I know Helix has one. Didn't Alan with junglehabitats have a model as well and is he still in business? Can't seem to find his website and it appears he has fallen out of favor on this forum but thats another topic. Any other options? The Ranco and Johnson controls thermostats are tempting now since they come prewired at $85. Will be using flexwatt and retail uth's for 3 corns and 2 blackpines.

Old 10-31-2004, 03:18 PM   #2
MGReptiles
Big Apple makes one, I beleive it is about 115.00. Then there is helix, I dont know if Alan is selling them or not, LLL reptile has them for 130+shipping. The johnson controls is a good choice(shameless plug) but they are not proporitional. The ranco is pretty much the same thing just in a bigger case. If ya need anymore info on the johnson controls shoot me a pm or email..Hope this helps..
-Matt

Old 11-01-2004, 05:58 PM   #3
rspier
If the Ranco and Johnson controlls are tempting at that price

try 45-50 at Controlls depot.

Old 11-01-2004, 11:18 PM   #4
MGReptiles
I have tried to work with controlsdepot and it was a royal pain... If your not a business or ordering 100 units they dont want to deal with ya..Not saying they woulnt just act like your small beans in a big bag...lol..

Old 11-02-2004, 09:33 AM   #5
sumguy
What do you guys think of this: Herpstat . Looks like it will be this if I go proportional or the johnson control if not. If I have identical setups, can I plug them all into a power strip then plug the strip into the proportional controller and expect it to work correctly?

Old 11-02-2004, 11:56 AM   #6
MGReptiles
I have seen posts on this thermo, asking about it but noone ever posting about if it is good or not. Yes if you get a pro. thermo and have identical setups you can runseveral of them off on thermo. As long as they are the same temps when you start. No matter which thermo you go with I would get some digital thermometers just to be safe when using mulitiple cages on one stat..Hope this helps..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!