We need a better Search Engine - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:57 PM   #1
ravensgait
We need a better Search Engine

I just did a search on the BOI for J&J Reptiles and then an Advanced search for the same thing .. The best the search could do was key on the word reptiles and give me almost all the threads in the BOI.. Yet there is an inquiry for J&J Reptiles on page one of the BOI that was way down the list.

Then I did a keyword search for J&J and got nothing.. Rich is there anyway to improve that search feature??? Randy

Old 11-23-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
Dennis Hultman
J*&*J*,

Remember to use * on three letters or less.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...49&postcount=6

Old 11-28-2006, 05:41 PM   #4
ravensgait
Dennis that's part of the problem you have to do this or that and most people don't know about doing this or that to get what they are looking for.. How many have done a search for someone and found nothing then had themselves ripped off . Yet there was a thread here they couldn't find?? Must be a simpler way...Randy

Old 11-28-2006, 06:17 PM   #5
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
Must be a simpler way...Randy
There is - just ask Dennis to look it up for you.

The weak Search Feature is one of the very few downsides to a vBulletin site.
There has long been talk of improving it, in fact I think that I heard somewhere that there is an update in the works.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:29 PM   #6
ravensgait
LOL Mike,, I had thought of that.. Randy

Old 11-28-2006, 09:24 PM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Is there a way to implement a google search into the website? i think it would be a thousand time easier searching for things as i know ive had trouble even finding my own Ads that dont list themselves under my User CP. and anything typed in the search bar related to it didnt bring it up either.... and it WAS on the site, i had to get the link from an old email.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:36 PM   #8
Chris Steele
QUOTATION MARKS

Search "J&J Reptiles" and it will look for the full phrase.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!