My new ball pythons arrived today. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-28-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
tanyah625
My new ball pythons arrived today.

Here is my new girl.
Here is my new boy.

Thanks to Mike Bosland for the snakes and all of your help.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:10 PM   #2
FireStorm
Congrats on your new additions. They look great!

Old 11-28-2006, 08:19 PM   #3
clarinet45

Old 11-28-2006, 08:32 PM   #4
tanyah625
My babies

Thank you, I like them even if they are just normals. Now I just need to figure out what to name them. I can't seem to think of a good name for either of them and they can't stay the girl and the boy. (lol) Any suggestions?

Old 11-28-2006, 08:33 PM   #5
clarinet45

Old 11-28-2006, 09:22 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinet45
I usually name mine after Gods and Goddesses or video game characters, lol

always good choices.

I have a few animals named from Either Characters in comics, or cartoons!

Old 11-28-2006, 09:37 PM   #7
FireStorm
I really like my normals, too. I'm always amazed at the variation between normals. So far I've named all of mine after precious/semiprecious stones. Of course, if you're going to use a theme, you need one with lots of potential names. These critters are seriously addicting - my brother and I went from 1 to 8 in 3 months . Have fun naming your new additions!

Old 11-29-2006, 01:46 AM   #8
droogievesch
I chose spices, so I have Basil, Cumin, Terragon, Sage, Thyme, Ginger, Anise, and Mace.

You could start with the elements! I'm sure Mercury and Radium would make wonderful names

Old 11-29-2006, 07:50 AM   #9
MorphCapital
Congrats

Old 11-29-2006, 02:00 PM   #10
darkbloodwyvern
Odysseus and Penelope! from the Odyssey

Heathcliff & Catherine! from Wuthering heights

Elizabeth (Lizzy) Bennet & Fitzwilliam Darcy from Pride and Prejudice

Daisy & gastby from Great Gatsby

Guinivere & Lancelot from King Arthur stories

Marie & Pierre (Curie) the marriedn scientist couple who studied atoms, radiation

Tristan & Iseult (Isolde?) Irish story couple

Scarlett & Rhett - Gone with the the Wind

and don't forget bible couples: ttp://www.cbn.com/family/Marriage/elliott_FamousLovers.aspx

and here are a few greek couples :http://www.loggia.com/myth/lovers.html
and a random couple's link: http://www.billiesilvey.com/famous_lovers.html

My snakes are Lycaeus & Ariadne. Lycaeus is another name for Dionysus or Bacchus, and Ariadne was the woman who helped Theseus defeat the Minotaur. After he defeated the monster, he sort of left her hanging on some random island because she had betrayed her country (which is BS to me!), and she was left distruaght because she had loved him. So the god Dionysus found her and fell in love with her, and they lived happily ever after, etc.

I chose these because I really liked the story and the names & i studied a lot of Art history (what is more popular than greek/roman tales in rennisance art!), so just do a little searching around on google and you can probably turn up a few good ones! Depending on your interests, there are lots of cool paired or lists of names!
post when you've decided on something!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!