Fair Price for a male Spark? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
hissnthatexotics
Fair Price for a male Spark?

I have one I want to sell. I can't seem to find a price on them. I never worked with the morph so obviously never owned or researched before then. I've found prices between $200-$3500 which is a big gap. Most of them are between $800-$1000 so the question is what is fair market price for one of these guys.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:09 PM   #2
Reptile Frenzy
I would think $400-$500 for males and $450-$550 for females.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
hissnthatexotics
Thanks

Old 09-21-2014, 08:19 PM   #4
Randy F
I had a female puma around 400 grams on my table a narbc for $600. I have a proven breeder specter male for $200 and neither sold. Any sparks I produce will be around $100

Old 09-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #5
Reptile Frenzy
Just because the puma didnt sell you are going to drop the price of a spark to 100 bucks?

Old 09-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #6
hissnthatexotics
Apparently Kevin at NERD sold one for $650
I'm really confused lol. I also found a Puma for $1500 ik you can ask whatever you want but at this point I think its worth at least $500

Old 09-21-2014, 09:21 PM   #7
Randy F
People can ask whatever they like. Anything in life is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I am not dropping the price of my sparks, that's what I will sell them at. I see bananas for $450 and the some people still asking over a grand. If the person asking a grand can sell it good for them. I was replying to a thread that asked how much something is worth but I guess if it's honest, people don't like it? Please tell me where people are still spending top dollar and I will go there. I just picked up a snake for $300 that I see guys asking $1000 for them. Obviously the one for $300 sold and I bet at $1000 it will be for sale this time next year. I saw vpi axanthic spider females here for $550 shipped and the girl said she sold one. At a show I marked them at $400 and offered a couple people a axanthic spider, axanthic, and het axanthic females for $600 and none sold. Then I see them for sale for $300. Now my choice is drop the price to what someone is willing to pay or be ready to keep feeding hundreds of snakes. I have worlds firsts that people tell me are worth thousands, but they don't have the thousands to spend so? So back to the original question......I have seen multiple pumas (spark yellow bellies) and one pastel puma sell and not sell at $450-$600 so I think a spark male is worth $200-$3500, but I will ask $100 for any male and $200 for any female I may produce this year

Old 09-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #8
Reptile Frenzy
Problem is a lot of people are going to expect to pay $100 as the "market price" on any other spark that is being sold. So that drops the price for everyone in turn crashing the market. Take it how you want thats fine and sell your animals at the price you want. There is a possibilty of sitting on snakes you produce for a year so when they dont sell in 3 months just go ahead and drop all the prices? Sounds like the money aspect is more important and if it is the fact of having to feed hundreds of snakes then maybe breed according to what the market wants at the time so your not stuck with animals. We hatched 6 male yellowbellies out this season and guess what aloy of people dont need a male yellowbelly but we finally sold one. Im positive there are 5 more people that want a male yellowbelly out there but if they dont sell in a few months im not going to drop the price to $20. I will have patience and at the same time start planning smarter for next season and yb should only be a by product of producing other genes so we dont get as many as we did this season. Not degrading you Randy im just calling how i see things man...

Old 09-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #9
Randy F
You know Mark you are correct that it drives the prices down. Unfortunately there are a couple guys that destroyed the market of balls with the banana.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:12 PM   #10
Dbz4246
And if you think about the money aspect, one can argue that if you dont sell every snake for 20 bucks, your in it for the money. Single gene males are getting harder and harder to sell. And honestly, most of the single gene males I sell (like 80%) go to those looking for a cool pet for the same price as a normal at a pet shop. But in the eyes of a non herper, paying over 100 bucks for a snake is ridiculous. (A line I have heard many times)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!