Egg Question and Veiled Breeding - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-13-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
Fezzik
Egg Question and Veiled Breeding

I had some eggs incubating that got too dry. I had too many vent holes in it and they dried out. All but one has bounced back but several of them are yellow now. Are they pretty much shot now or what?

Second my veiled laid her eggs on May 21, 2007 it is currently June 13, 2007. Three weeks and 2 days since laying and she seems to already be showing the light green with robins egg blue spots that signals mating season and eggs and what not. Am I wrong about that? It seems like it is way too soon for her to have eggs. Then again she was very late with her first clutch about 8 months old with her first clutch could she be on a bit of a faster track with that because of that? Could she be on a faster track because she is in a very low stress environment and eating well? If at three weeks she is starting breeding mode that would put her on about an every three months or so schedule of egg laying. Everything I had seen says it should be more like every four months. I don't want her to be cycling this quickly as it is a stressful, taxing process and I want to breed her but I don't want her to be just a breeding machine. We had figured on once a year or possibly as much as three times in two years for breeding. Giving us 2 to three fertile clutches a year. Is it possible to slow her down if this is the kind of schedule she is on?

Three months based on 3 weeks to recover two weeks of mating receptivity (not mating this time) and 30 to 40 days before egg laying. Really when i think about it it seems more like about 10 weeks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!