Microwave taters - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #1
Lucille
Microwave taters

Sometimes for lunch I will just make a tater:

Regular tater:

Wash, microwave on high 10-20 minutes depending on size. Slice in half, scoop out tater, mix scooped tater with salt, pepper, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Put back in shell, microwave 2 more minutes. Top with sour cream or plain yogurt, bacon bits fake or real, and a bit more shredded cheese.

Sweet tater:

Wash, microwave on high 10-20 minutes depending on size. Slice in half and then slice up in criss/cross fashion each side. Spread with real butter and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of sugar for each half. Microwave for 1 more minute so the sweetened buttery stuff sinks into all the criss/cross cuts.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
wyldwurm
I boycott the microwave for everything but melting butter and popcorn
But this sounds pretty dang good. I wonder if you could put sour-cream into the filling.....
I think it may be time to have a long talk with the microwave...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!