Grabber Warmers - Warm Pack? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
SPJ
Grabber Warmers - Warm Pack?

Anyone ever use this type of heat pack before?
I ordered heat packs from Reptiles Express assuming they were the uni-heat like I always use but when they were delivered today, they were Grabber Warmers.
I have never heard of these.
Are these like the small 10 hour Grabber hand warmers that Walmart sells? Are they good? Will they work as planned? They say they are good for 48 hours on the package.
I am shipping an animal on Monday and do not want to have the heat packs fail on me.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
bsharrah
Grabber warmers are hand warmers and not designed for shipping like the Uni-Heat packs. I just checked the RE site and they advertise Uni-Heat for their heat packs. If that is what you ordered, and Grabber Warmers is what you received, I would be highly PO'd.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
SPJ
Found this on the manufacturers website.

Quote:
Grabber 48+ Hour Warm Packs are designed for "Extended Duration"! Perfect item to keep products from freezing during shipping operations. Just open the package, toss the 48 hour Warm pack in your package, and keep your precious cargo Warm to its destination. Safe for Shipping! It's dry, clean, odorless, non-toxic and non-flammable. Average temperature of 115 degrees F, Maximum temperature of 126 degrees F when used as directed.

Usage Tips:
Taping Warm Pack to top of container may prevent it from slipping down and reduce the risk of ventilation holes becoming blocked.
When taping, tape around the outside seams only, do not obstruct the ventilation holes.
During colder weather, multiple Warm Packs may be used
I'm a bit worried. I have never used these before.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
Firebill
I just ordered them and used one as well. I only used 1, shipped from NC to IN. The buyer said she was nice and warm. I taped it to the bottom of the lid on the side that she wasn't on. Hope this helps.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
TheFragginDragon
I used two of them for a shipment from Michigan to Arkansas two weeks ago (nighttime temps were in the upper 30's) in an oversized box. The BP made it fine, with his temp upon the customers pickup at the FedEx hub at 88 degrees. I had them wrapped in paper towels, and taped to opposite sides of the styro lid away from direct contact with the baby.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #6
FosterHerpetological
I just used one Monday to ship some tarantulas to New York. The buyer said they arrived nice and warm, so they do get the job done.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #7
SPJ
Thanks everyone for the replies.
Looks like these work just fine.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #8
Focal
Good to know!

Old 11-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
JeffreH
Not sure if its the same brand that was used in this scenario or not, but a member recently had a dead snake arrive due to the of hand warmers. I'd stick with the tried and true packs meant for shipping.

Hazards of using hand warmers for shipping:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=285692

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!