Inquiry Brad Phillips Any Business Done? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
OddityExotics
Brad Phillips Any Business Done?

was wondering if anyone has done business with Brad Phillips thank you.

Justin Sloan

Old 04-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
dustinNMpythons
I'm curious on this as well? He has a lot of nice stuff.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
NIGRO51
Balls out morphs. Said he accepts PayPal as gift only. Good luck.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
Balls Out Morphs
I say I accept PayPal as gift only because I don't want to cover the PayPal fees on top of offering such low prices. All of the snakes I'm selling are from my personal collection that was purchased for quality and not quantity. I've had some serious life changes occur and I’m being forced to sell my collection. I hate to let them go but I don't have a choice at this time. I appreciate your negativity on top of my already crappy situation Anthony. If anyone would like to know more on me please message me here and I’ll gladly give you my phone number or you may contact me at ballsoutmorphs@yahoo.com.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
NIGRO51
No negativity here just stating a fact. Though your defensive reply and willingness to cheat a company (PayPal) out of their fees seems to paint a negative picture.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
Balls Out Morphs
When you send money as a gift through PayPal the sender pays the fees meaning PayPal still receives their money it just doesn't come out of my portion. My defensive reply? I guess you're going to be telling me to take anger management classes next? As yourself I just thought I was stating the facts and apologize if you felt I was being defensive. I also apologize for taking your "Good Luck" remark as negativity. Unfortunately I sold the hets you messaged me about but I do still have a lot of nice balls if you're interested in anything else.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
Serenescales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Out Morphs View Post
When you send money as a gift through PayPal the sender pays the fees meaning PayPal still receives their money it just doesn't come out of my portion. My defensive reply? I guess you're going to be telling me to take anger management classes next? As yourself I just thought I was stating the facts and apologize if you felt I was being defensive. I also apologize for taking your "Good Luck" remark as negativity. Unfortunately I sold the hets you messaged me about but I do still have a lot of nice balls if you're interested in anything else.
Fees are only taken out if the sender uses a credit card, not an attached back account or PayPal balance.
Quote:
You can make a personal payment to anyone in the U.S. for free. Just make sure that you pay for the entire payment using your PayPal balance or bank account. A small fee applies to payments made with a debit or credit card. For more information, click Fees at the bottom of any page.
So if they pay with their balance or bank account PayPal is losing their fees, fees which help run the site and staff their customer service.

Also, having people pay for goods or services by using a personal payment (gift, living expense, owed, etc) is against PayPal's terms of use and can get your account frozen:
Quote:
4.1 Receiving Personal Payments. If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept Personal Payments.
You don't want fees taken out? Then include it in your prices. Or suck it up and deal with the loss of a few bucks. A loss of $10 (about what's lost when $300 is sent) isn't going to kill you. While PayPal states you can not "charge" fees, the loophole there is factoring fees into your final price and never mentioning them. Or swallowing the charge, again it won't kill you.
Quote:
4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.
Do you know what the gift function does? It counts that money as a gift and the sender is now stripped of any buyer protection PayPal offers. If you don't send an item they're SOL, they can't open a dispute or request a refund because they sent you a gift, after all.

I'll just quote myself from a previous thread:
Quote:
Accepting a payment for goods through Paypal's Gift option is a direct violation of the Paypal TOS and is incredibly shady. When funds are sent through the gift option, or any other option under the personal tab on Paypal's send money page, the buyer is stripped of any protection Paypal would be able to offer. So, if someone sends you $750 as a gift and you never ship a snake...well that money is a gift after all so what can be done? A dispute can not be opened against you and the buyer basically needs to accept that they lost that money, unless they wish to pursue other legal options.
By stating you ONLY accept Paypal marked as a gift says something about you, you either don't want to pay the fees Paypal charges for processing funds, or you want to screw the buyer.
Now, if it was fees you were worried about, its incredibly easy to factor funds into the final price, they even have nifty calculators online for that!

Old 04-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #8
bcr229
I PM'ed Brad earlier this week in response to his "Ball Collection Must Go!!!" ad posted on 4/24/13. I asked if he would be willing to meet in person for a cash transaction for his 0.1 RDR Lesser as I live about 20 minutes from him, so no need to ship. He agreed. Since I was going to lay eyes and hands on the snake personally before paying, I didn't worry about asking for pictures in advance. We met at 7 pm today in Winchester, VA as it was convenient for both of us.

The ball python I purchased from him seems to be in excellent health, free of mites, and IMO is absolutely gorgeous. She weighed out as advertised, and is currently settling into her quarantine tank. Brad said she is a good feeder and she last ate two weekends ago as he thought there was a chance she'd be shipped out this past week, and he didn't want her to travel with a full belly. She'll get a few days to adjust to her new home before I offer another meal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!