I feel so bad. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-15-2005, 07:36 AM   #1
Jodi L Aherns
I feel so bad.

I was checking eggs today for babys,as i pulled the top rack out,the shelf came out and hit the floor.I hope i do not lose any of those eggs.There were 87 eggs on the top rack.It looks like most should be fine,i pack the eggs in tight.I feel sick.There was Bells,het Bells,TremperxBells,Rainwater,ghost,ghostxbells,gh ostxpatternless and a few more.

Old 04-15-2005, 07:45 AM   #2
Manhattan Herps
oh man jodi, that really sucks, hopefully they all still hatch, the vermiculite/perlite should have cutioned them, no?

Old 04-15-2005, 08:35 AM   #3
mmfrankford
How along were the eggs? Maybe they will be OK. And sorry to hear about that.

Old 04-15-2005, 08:38 AM   #4
Chris@TSE
Yikes, sorry to hear that Jodi. I hope they all still hatch for you without any defect or injury....

Old 04-15-2005, 09:00 AM   #5
USAGECKOS
Man that stinks, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, I hope they will be ok.

Old 04-15-2005, 09:12 AM   #6
Storm55
Jodi,

I am sorry to hear that my friend...Best of luck to your eggs and please let us know how they fare.

-Jacqueline
StormGecko

Old 04-15-2005, 10:48 AM   #7
dragonflyreptiles
Jodi that sucks, hope they will be Ok for you. I have 3 in the incubator that my almost 3 year old tossed around, I was getting them out of the lay box (2 females had laid the same night) and when I picked up the first egg and marked it Emily grabbed the lay box and dumped it on the floor. So I had no idea which way was up, I candled the one I had marked and the "red dot" was on the side so I put the other 3 in the same position. They were laid 03/24 and look to be developing fine but we won't know for sure for a few more weeks.

I bet yours will be fine!!

Old 04-15-2005, 11:27 AM   #8
WiteLeo
My incubator last year took alot of beating from my baby brother last year. It was kicked, shook... all that.

All my eggs hatched. None of the little embroyeos (sp) died.

Sorry to hear that though. Don't feel bad.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:36 AM   #9
riverjop
Hey sorry to hear that Jodi! I hope you had marks on them to show which way was up? Hmmmm I don't do that but I guess I should at least make some sort of mark, just in-case.....I think I will....Thanks!!!

Old 04-15-2005, 12:39 PM   #10
Golden Gate Geckos
encouragement

Jodi, a few years ago my husband accidently flipped over an hovabator that was full of about 40 eggs... and every one of them hatched! We'll keep our fingers crossed yours will, too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!