daniel haney haney0831@msn.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-15-2004, 09:45 PM   #1
TripleMoonsExotic
Arrow daniel haney haney0831@msn.com

I had made an offer to purchase 1.1 03 snows, 0.1 04 charcoal and 1.1 04 ruby-eyed ghost cornsnakes at a group rate from Daniel a few weeks ago. I did not have the money up front, but requested that he hold them for 2 weeks with a deposit. He agreed and I sent the deposit via paypal. I had the total amount a week before I expected to, and sent him the final amount and arranged for shipment to arrive at my workplace in Hanover. With the tracking number, I checked up on my shipment when it did not arrive my 10am. They were sent FedEx overnight by end of day (not morning delivery like I had assumed). When 3pm hit, and they had not arrived yet, I checked online with FedEx again...The transaction said a delivery was attempted and no one was there to sign. Seeing that wasn't possible since I was in the office all day, I called FedEx to find out what the problem was. The snakes were shipped to the wrong address, they were sent to my mothers house in Dover (which is one of my verified paypal addresses), not to my workplace in Hanover. I had given the specific address I wanted the snakes shipped to through the paypal transfer, and I emailed Daniel with the shipping information. I emailed Daniel with the problem, and he apologized for the mistake and offered me a $50 refund for my troubles (I had to leave work and go to the York FedEx office to pick them up). When I picked up the snakes, they had been shipped in a Pampers diaper box with no insulation and no heat pack. It was in the 50-60's when they got to me, and I could feel the snakes ice cold through the bags. In two of the bags were my yearling snows (I have verified their sex through probing), and in the 3rd bag was my mix of 04 hatchlings. I received 1 ruby eyed ghost, 1 charcoal, and 1 ghost/anery (I am not sure on this ones morph - I am waiting on them growing up a bit more to make that judgement - the animal does not have ruby eyes and is a bit darker then the confirmed ruby eyed ghost---I also have not probed them, I am not comfortable probing baby corns, so they remained unverified).

All in all, I am not happy with Daniel's shipping methods...But I am very happy with what I received for my monies worth. The unknown ghost/anery that was supposed to be a ruby eyed ghost I do not have a problem with, seeing that I have already received a $50 refund for the problems with this purchase.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:16 PM   #2
Suncoast Herpetological
I am not necessarily defending the seller but the shipping address issue can cause problems. I always request that all of my customers send the requested shipping address in a seperate Email as confirmation. It eliminates all margin for error.

The shipping materials used are inexcusable however. (a Pampers box fo God's sake) That alone labels this deal unsatisfactory. If you cannot afford to use insulated packaging and appropriate heat or cold packs you have no business shipping animal at all.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:59 PM   #3
dhserps
John

I admit that forgeting the heat pack was careless on my part but I was out of boxes
and Pamper boxes are very heavy boxes that are sturdy. I figured no one cared how the box looked just how the snakes. And dont take this the wrong way but I believe you are close to Clearwater Fl I have no problem for you coming by my facility and checking out my colection Ive got a pretty nice setup on commercial property. As far as me not being able to afford shipping if that was the case i wouldnt have refunded her $50.00 then once you come by my place you can come back and post exactly what you see about $65,000 worth of boas. and hopefully you can give me some advice since this my first year at this.
Thanks Daniel Haney

Old 11-15-2004, 11:49 PM   #4
Suncoast Herpetological
Daniel

I am not doubting the quality of your collection nor am I impuning your facility. The fact that you used a Pampers box is not even the main issue. Shipping animals this time of year without insulation and proper heat packs is just not defensible.

I commend the fact that you are willing to admit to being a newcomer and also admit to a certain level of inexperience but shipping is one area that you simply cannot afford to cut corners on. I am fairly close to you geographically and I would be happy to answer any questions you might have on shipping and direct you to good suppliers of the proper shipping supplies

Old 11-16-2004, 09:28 AM   #5
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally posted by Suncoast Herpetological
I am not necessarily defending the seller but the shipping address issue can cause problems. I always request that all of my customers send the requested shipping address in a seperate Email as confirmation. It eliminates all margin for error.
If you read over my post carefully...I did send the shipping address in a separate email as well as through paypals message option...

"The snakes were shipped to the wrong address, they were sent to my mothers house in Dover (which is one of my verified paypal addresses), not to my workplace in Hanover. I had given the specific address I wanted the snakes shipped to through the paypal transfer, and I emailed Daniel with the shipping information."

Old 11-17-2004, 03:18 PM   #6
skfu
daniel haney

My name is Jason Aspley (skfu) and I just got a Hog Island Boa from Daniel and it was packaged very nice with heat packs. The snake got here very early with no problems at all. He also called me to make sure everything went well. I would buy from him again and would recommend him to anyone else that needed something of his.

Great Guy

Old 11-17-2004, 10:36 PM   #7
Geckodude12
great guy

i just purchased an adult male hogg from him as well , and i am extremely happy with the shipping methods and the condition the animal is in, i definately would purchase from him again

Old 11-17-2004, 10:56 PM   #8
dhserps
Thanks

guys I try my best to offer healthy animals
at a competitive price Im pretty new to the internet scene but I plan to be here for a long time producing some excellent Boas
thanks Daniel Haney

Old 11-18-2004, 09:13 AM   #9
TripleMoonsExotic
Why were your animals shipped properly and mine not?

Old 11-18-2004, 10:05 AM   #10
dhserps
Believe it

or not Stephanie but I honestly forgot to
put the heat pack in your box. If there would have been a heat pack with the snakes they would have been no reason to complain about the packing. Im just happy they all survived and all fed the next day and are healthy animals

Thanks Daniel Haney

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!