Do you know what phase this baby is? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-12-2005, 09:37 AM   #1
lostathome69
Exclamation Do you know what phase this baby is?

Does anyone know what phase this baby is?

I recieved these 2 babies,(traded 1) and the mother and we can't figure out what phase they are.

We were told the father was a high yellow, and the Mother is a chocolate. We never say the father, abd the baby looks nothing like either( if i compare it to my female high yellow)

Please le me know, as we are courious.

Sorry he is not for sale, we traded 1 and site needs to be updated, thanks alot!

-John

Click here to see the babies

Old 01-12-2005, 10:44 AM   #2
Ssthisto
They both look like normals to me... if the mother was a chocolate albino, that implies they're het for albino (though which type - possibly Tremper?) I don't know exactly what a 'blue eyed high yellow' male would look like - the blue eyes, far as I knew, were a homozygous-for-Blizzard trait, which would make the male, if it showed yellow colouring, a 'banana blizzard' - in other words, a patternless blizzard.

If the male being 'banana blizzard' is the case, you've got a baby gecko that is het for Albino, Blizzard and Patternless and would look normal... but if the baby's got blue eyes, there's something else going on there.

If the male isn't a 'banana blizzard' and IS actually a high yellow with blue eyes... I'd wonder how exactly that male got blue eyes (new morph???)... are your baby gecko's eyes really a deep slate-blue in colour?

Old 01-12-2005, 11:04 AM   #3
lostathome69
Thanks but any other opinon?

Thanks for the reply. I was told from many people looking at these babies, that they wanted them and are willing to trade for breeding pairs, and not normal pairs at that. The female is a normal leopard gecko, but her spots are a lighter brown, and that is where i got chocolate. Her eyes are like a gold/bronze foil color.

The babies are black, and i don't know if the kid i got them from was nuts but i think he is telling the truth. I will be going there this weekend and asking more about these.

If the look normal why does everyone, especially people who know alot about leos, seem so intersted in them? I was told they wanted white in their program. Can you tell me what they might be again?

Can someone else give me their opinon? Thanks alot

-JOHN

Old 01-12-2005, 12:15 PM   #4
USAGECKOS
They look like they will be High Yellows when they are older.

Old 01-12-2005, 12:39 PM   #5
progeckos
I agree...

They are probably high yellows. They’re still young so you’ll have to wait a few months in order to see their adult coloration.

Old 01-12-2005, 12:40 PM   #6
leaftail
I'd think its the possibility of them being blue-eyed that interests people. It certainly interests me.

Old 01-12-2005, 12:50 PM   #7
SoCalHerp
The eyes look perfectly normal to me.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #8
lostathome69
Thanks

Thank you for replying.

They do have blue eyes, and the pictures kind of shows that. In pruson, they have great blue eyes. Thanks and i hope to see more color as it grows, but i aquried him, and it just didn't look that like a yellow or any other baby have ever seen, thanks

-John

Old 01-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #9
robin d.
Quote:
They both look like normals to me... if the mother was a chocolate albino, that implies they're het for albino (though which type - possibly Tremper?) I don't know exactly what a 'blue eyed high yellow' male would look like - the blue eyes, far as I knew, were a homozygous-for-Blizzard trait, which would make the male, if it showed yellow colouring, a 'banana blizzard' - in other words, a patternless blizzard.

If the male being 'banana blizzard' is the case, you've got a baby gecko that is het for Albino, Blizzard and Patternless and would look normal... but if the baby's got blue eyes, there's something else going on there.

If the male isn't a 'banana blizzard' and IS actually a high yellow with blue eyes... I'd wonder how exactly that male got blue eyes (new morph???)... are your baby gecko's eyes really a deep slate-blue in colour?
ok what are you talking about... dude if there is a blue eyed blizzard i want to know that would be cool

also, i do not see any of those babies with even remotely blue eyes

Old 01-12-2005, 03:01 PM   #10
progeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
ok what are you talking about... dude if there is a blue eyed blizzard i want to know that would be cool

also, i do not see any of those babies with even remotely blue eyes
He’s talking about the blue eye lids on blizzards Robin. I certainly wish it was in the eyes though…

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!