For Sale 2016 Leucistic Alterna - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes

Notices

Old 04-02-2017, 05:25 AM   #1
kingpinreptiles
Exclamation 2016 Leucistic Alterna

Leucistic gray bandeds were first produced 10 years ago, the first one popped out randomly a few generations in. Still not common though as most were sold out of the country and the production on them for the last few years has been pretty low. The nice thing about this line is the breeder never dealt with picky feeders, so if they didnt eat ft or live pinky mice then they died. So the picky feeder gene never got passed on, end result - baby alterna that eat mice no problem.

1.1 leucistics and 1.1 hets available.

Leucistics $1500 each, pair for $2800 shipped.
Hets $750 each, pair for $1500 shipped.
Leucy and het pair $2200 shipped.

mikefedzen@yahoo.com

412-297-1028 call/text
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014leu2013hetpair.jpg (206.0 KB, 1222 views)
File Type: jpg 2014Leu&het.jpg (201.8 KB, 1199 views)
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #2
Alterna Ranch
Not pure alterna....

These are not pure alterna and were produced through selective breeding with other Lampropeltis. The reason they all mostly ended up in Europe is because most here in America knew they were a lab created hybrid. I have a collection of 328 alterna - all either collected by me or ch from wild collected. I have been collecting alterna for over 45 years. If you look at the pic - I'll try to post it up - you can clearly see the traits of a hybrid. Look at the "alterna" in the top right of the pic. Do not be fooled by this claim of pure alterna.....I think it is a cross between a leucy Mexican Milksnake and an alterna. And yes there was a leucy annulata collected in Val Verde County in the late 1990's by a girl from Dallas. I had the snake for a very brief time cause she could not get it to eat. She had contacted Bob Applegate about breeding it. No idea what happened to it, but annulata do cross naturally in the wild with alterna and there is documented DNA proof of this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1658652.jpg (161.8 KB, 961 views)

Old 04-11-2017, 08:27 PM   #3
kingpinreptiles
I know youre a jealous old man but let me point out some stuff here for ya.

The first leucistic gray banded was produced by Chris Baubel after several generations of inbreeding. The first one sold for 7k... I think youre the only one claiming hybrid on this one.

Also you keep posting that pic like its helping your case but I dont see your point. There was never a het leucy alterna that didnt look 100% blairs phase alterna, until last year. Those are snakes produced by Stu Tennyson, and I believe were from leucisic x wild caught so they were hets with fresh blood. But keep posting your BS Sloan, its all youre good for. Thanks.
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-12-2017, 11:05 PM   #4
Alterna Ranch
PROVE IT.....

Simple enough....just send a shed to Rob in Nevada at the University and let's see if it is a pure strain of alterna - bet it's not and of so - put up or shut up - I'll stand by my claim and post up I was wrong of you prove it via DNA! You will not cause you know it's a hybrid garbage snake that Baubel produced.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:14 AM   #5
kingpinreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterna Ranch View Post
Simple enough....just send a shed to Rob in Nevada at the University and let's see if it is a pure strain of alterna - bet it's not and of so - put up or shut up - I'll stand by my claim and post up I was wrong of you prove it via DNA! You will not cause you know it's a hybrid garbage snake that Baubel produced.
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-15-2017, 01:26 PM   #6
dkreptiles
These are pure, I guarantee it. Chris is a close friend of mine and we both produced them independently within a year of each other. While my name has never been attached to this project and Chris now is working with all my animals, they are for real. Buy with confidence that they are pure alterna. If anyone is interested in the full story of how we made them feel free to give me a call and I'll fill you in on the details.

Dave Katz
510-910-1970

Old 08-15-2017, 12:30 AM   #7
Amb21
Do you have any gray banded king available? A pair

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!