0.1 North American Wood Turtle - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 09:11 AM   #1
DIGandRIG
0.1 North American Wood Turtle

Selling my female NA Wood turtle. She is absolutely perfect, great appetite, healthy and ready for a male. This gorgeous female was collected from Michigan at a young age and is now a 15 plus year LTC. Her shell doesn't have a scratch or chip on it. Unbelievable condition and pattern.. Her new owner will be extremely pleased.

$1,100.00 shipped or delivery to Daytona Reptile Expo this weekend.

*trades considered: high end turtles/tortoise species*

Thank you for looking.
-Jason Coley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1553.jpg (367.4 KB, 601 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1551.jpg (239.2 KB, 586 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1550.jpg (332.0 KB, 597 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1549.jpg (356.8 KB, 682 views)
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #2
Socratic Monologue
As far as I know, Michigan has protected Clemmys/Glyptemys insculpta since at least 1989. Is there a collection permit for this animal?

Old 08-15-2017, 12:50 PM   #3
DIGandRIG
John,
I only have the info from the previous keeper regarding its time in captivity. He personally had her for more than 15 years. That's said, he wasn't the first keeper so rather than make assumed statements regarding her actual captive time span, I passed on the information by stating 15 PLUS year LTC. I can see where this could insinuate that she was collected around that time. Personally, I never enjoy obtaining animals with an assumed history so I'm very careful to pass on history just as it was relayed to me. I obtained this animal in my home state of Florida. Thanks. -Jason
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-15-2017, 01:42 PM   #4
Socratic Monologue
Thank you for the elaboration, Jason. I had wrongly assumed that it was collected 15 years ago, but I see now why I shouldn't have assumed that. It sure is a beautiful animal, and I wish you the best of luck with the sale.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:05 PM   #5
Laturtleman
NA wood

I'm interested. I have trades available or am willing to buy outright
Please email me at laturtleman@gmail.com or call 225-439-3701
Thanks!

Old 08-15-2017, 08:08 PM   #6
DIGandRIG
Sounds good Ryan, I will give you a call when I get a free moment. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-15-2017, 08:08 PM   #7
reconcharlie21
Wood Turtle

I just purchased a beautiful fenced 1/2 acre here in Florida, she would love it here. I plan to get a male for her soon as well. Please call or text 850 324 4250

Old 08-15-2017, 08:10 PM   #8
Laturtleman
Thanks, I'll be at Daytona as well

Old 08-15-2017, 08:13 PM   #9
DIGandRIG
Charles, sounds good buddy. I'll contact you soon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-15-2017, 08:30 PM   #10
Laturtleman
Recon Charlie, Acquiring the group will only be half the battle. It took me years to assemble my group and tens of thousands of dollars to reproduce their natural stream habitat here with a 9000 gallon pond/stream. I do this as a passion with these turtles, and am committed to providing for them. I have a group already, the setup already, and the knowledge and experience already to provide for these turtles in the Deep South. It takes a lot more than just some fenced in land to properly care for these guys. I would get their habitat complete long before I try to get any turtles, and especially now as they will need to acclimate before the weather starts changing. I would be more than willing to assist you in setting up a area for them but I know that the best option for this turtle at this point, is for it to join my group in paradise. Personally if I were you, I'd start with some younger turtles until you have the space setup for the larger adults.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!