My Co-dom - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-29-2005, 12:03 AM   #1
ShannanD25
My Co-dom

To try to lighten up a bad mood I may be responsible for creating...I thought I would post a picture of my co-dom

co-dom for yellow Lab that is....
He displays the Whippet/fox terrier morph but clearly by his love of the pool and non stop diving to the bottom to chew on collected leaves....the Lab beneath it all is sooo obvious
It is so bad that morning noon and night, he runs out, pees, and takes a leap into the pool....and we can't get him out....he can climb the ladder on his own though....
These crazy furry morphs...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DivingDexter.JPG (65.5 KB, 86 views)

Old 07-29-2005, 01:33 AM   #2
groovygeckos
Quote:
bad mood I may be responsible for creating
Not at all ( I dont think so anyways)

LOL thats funny our dogs have always hated water .

Old 07-29-2005, 01:36 AM   #3
groovygeckos
Oh yea my Co-dom Red Chow w/ Purple Jungle-Tongue beats your swimming Yellow Lab Het anyday

Old 07-29-2005, 01:45 AM   #4
ShannanD25
Yes but your red chow with jungle tounge is only a simple recessive....mistakenly thought to be a co-dom....cause two "co dom red chows" only make a crazy nasty dog...proven...not a super chow
I have a co dom....so there...breed him with another whippet/fox terrier morph co-dom for lab and wow....you get an amazing animal...

I still don't get it. Isn't that sad..I mean I understand it more then ever...but now I only have more questions....sigh...

The worse part is trying to drag him out of the pool at midnight or super early when i am in my pjs....
yeah we could hook him on a leash...but where is the fun in that?

Old 07-29-2005, 09:03 AM   #5
groovygeckos
Quote:
only a simple recessive....mistakenly thought to be a co-dom
Ahhh , one of "those" LOL

Quote:
I still don't get it. Isn't that sad..I mean I understand it more then ever...but now I only have more questions
Not really sad , we are all still learning about all of the new "stuff" that comes our way . Gotta learn as we go .

Old 07-29-2005, 09:07 AM   #6
groovygeckos
Sorry forgot to mention she`s a PJT ( Purple Jungle Tongue) and we thought that was the Co-dom red chow`s genetic marker .

Old 07-29-2005, 09:33 AM   #7
USAGECKOS
Thats funny, my sisters Lab HATES water, he won't even go outside if its raining...LOL

Old 07-29-2005, 09:35 AM   #8
USAGECKOS
P.S. You didn't cause any problems, it was a great thread. Nobody got huffy and puffy like some of the past ones.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:15 AM   #9
ShannanD25
This beast hates baths...but it can be down pouring and he refuses to come in....Just drops down into the grass and lays there....or then runs and jumps in the pool....
I always get the freaky animals...

I think it is a great thread too...I mean Albey posted....I dont think I have ever seen Albey post.
i was mis understanding one thing that led to my concerns....now I understand that but it opens up more concerns....which are similar to the original concerns...but now based on a better understanding.
We'll just have to see how it all goes....

Old 07-29-2005, 12:18 PM   #10
dragonflyreptiles
Shannan, that is the cutest pic and I will take all the chearing up kinda pics you can put up this week for other reasons

I don't understand the co-dom, recessive, etc etc that much myself and I didn't see "bad moods" caused on the thread, just good discussion that can help us all understand better!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!