Debbie Mawson / Robert Pelletier – Bad Guys - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-24-2005, 04:41 PM   #1
Mike Greathouse
Debbie Mawson / Robert Pelletier – Bad Guys

A lesson learned!

On October 8, 2004 Debbie Mawson agreed to purchase a book from me via the “Buy It Now” option on a Reptibid auction. The total price of the book with shipping was $15.00. This was to be our third transaction together, so I felt very comfortable dealing with a repeat customer.

On October 14, 2004, Debbie stated she would be sending a Money Order for the payment the following weekend. After a follow up email on October 27th, Debbie emailed me on November 2nd asking if she could send a personal check instead of a money order. Although I do not normally accept personal checks; since she was a repeat customer – I made an exception and agreed.

I received a personal check on November 20th from one Robert Pelletier. The address was the same as the one I had previously known to be that of Debbie Mawson. When I questioned her about the check, she indicated that it was drawn on the account of her live-in boyfriend. I shipped her book the same day.

On December 6, 2004 the check was returned. The account the check was drawn on had been closed. I emailed Debbie the same day explaining the situation. Debbie responded on December 10th stating that she had had problems with her computer and was forced to access her email via the computer at the local library. She also stated that her boyfriend had experienced problems with his checking account and was forced to close it. They “thought” all of the outstanding checks had cleared. She went on to apologize and state that she would send out a money order for the bad check and bank charges immediately. This was the last communication I have ever received from Debbie Mawson. The payment was never sent.

Since that date, I have sent her several emails regarding the situation. All have gone unanswered. At this point, I have written off the bad check and bank charges as I don’t feel that it is worth pursuing, but I do feel the need to warn everyone else who might consider trusting Debbie Mawson or Robert Pelletier.

They are not worthy of your trust.

Thank you,

Old 04-24-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
cthulhu77
Well that sucks. It's the reason why I no longer accept cheques at all...even money orders, unless they are USPOST MO's...too many liars out there !

greg

Old 04-24-2005, 10:47 PM   #3
Suncoast Herpetological
Astonishing that someone would ruin their rep over $15. Have you alerted them to the existance of this thread? I would also post their contact info here.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:51 AM   #4
Mike Greathouse
John,
Yes, an email has been sent notifying her of the existence of this thread.
Her contact info is:

Debbie Mawson
Street Address left intentionally blank
Hartley, Iowa 51346
debbiemawson@yahoo.com

I agree completely - it's crazy to sell your honor and credibility for $15.00

Go figure!

Old 05-18-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
jmartin104
Interesting. She has been in contact with me about an Iguana I have listed for sale. I want this female to go to a good home and it's posts like this that make me think twice about a person. Your loss of $15 is relatively small compared to your time, patience, good will, and honesty. Thank you for taking the time to make the post.

Old 05-18-2005, 09:15 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
It’s astonishing some people will ruin their reputation over money, period. They are now $15 poorer.

Regards.

Old 06-25-2005, 07:51 AM   #7
Mike Greathouse
Update

On 6/13/05 I received the following email from Debbie Mawson after she had seen this thread and the one just like it posted on Reptibid:

Quote:
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 3:29 PM
To: mike@reptiliandreams.com
Subject: Re: FYI

Hey,I am going to send your money out to you.How much is it?
I responded to this email with the total due:
She owes $15.00 for the book / shipping and $5.50 for the bank charges on the returned check for a total of $20.50

I felt I was being very fair, considering the circumstances.
By law, I am able to charge much more for the returned check. I simply charged her what I was charged by my bank.

Of course, now 12 days later, no payment has arrived.

Big surprise.

Old 06-25-2005, 08:09 AM   #8
Jim O
I am shocked!! NOT

Old 06-25-2005, 09:16 AM   #9
The BoidSmith
Mike,

As far as this person goes it’s obvious she had no intentions to pay for the book in the first place, not to mention the book plus a fine. I hope for her sake that she will prove me wrong! She might understand too late that there’s no money in the world that is worth loosing respect. Not the one other people might have for her, but her own self-respect. If you are reading this Debbie, just remember that the only person you have outsmarted is yourself!

Good luck Mike!

Old 06-25-2005, 10:58 AM   #10
Cat_72
Well, if it's any consolation.....all the banks around here charge ME at least $30 for depositing a retuned check.

Jerks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!