Turtle/Tortoise Suggestion - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 05-31-2006, 03:17 PM   #1
connorrm
Turtle/Tortoise Suggestion

Can anyone suggest a good turtle or tort to have that is easier to keep for beginners (other than a slider or painted). I have had them in the past but want something more exotic and since it appears box turtles are illegal in NY....

Old 05-31-2006, 03:32 PM   #2
Mike Greathouse
Ryan,
Redfoots are wonderful. They are very intelligent, extremely personable, they don't get too big, and best of all, they won't try and dig a new basement for you in the backyard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yum.jpg (57.5 KB, 71 views)

Old 05-31-2006, 05:26 PM   #3
connorrm
Mike,
You got a book I can buy on them...you know I love buying books LOL. BE PREPARED!!

Old 05-31-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
Mike Greathouse
Ryan,
Although I do carry a book called Popular Tortoises, the best book that I have found on them is: Practical Care and Maintenance of The Redfoot Tortoise (Geochelone carbonaria in Captivity) by Mike Pingleton.

I have never had any success purchasing it at a wholesale basis where I could then in turn offer it for sale. But I know that Mike does frequent the Tortoise forum on Yahoo and you could probably purchase it directly from him.

Other then that, I'm sure that Amazon may have a copy or two available.

As far as the tortoises themselves, I've kept them for several years and I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have. They are absolutely wonderful creatures.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
connorrm
Mike,
If you have AIM or anything shoot me an IM rconnors728 be quicker than going back and forth on here

Old 05-31-2006, 07:21 PM   #6
Mike Greathouse
Ryan,
I don't use any of the IMs so it will have to either be here or by private email: mike@reptiliandreams.com

Thanks,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!