New book - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 11-04-2006, 11:52 AM   #1
scalesnstuff
New book

I have been reading this book steadily now for the past few weeks, it is really pretty decent. It is called The Greatest Salesman in the World by OG Mandino. ISBN 0-553-27757-x in case you want to look it up.

The book is helpful if you read it right which would roughly take 270 days. I have not been following it exactly the way it should be. You have these chapters called scrolls and you are to read one for thirty days. I have been reading a scroll until I actually I am doing what it says then I move on to the next one.

The title is kind of misleading, it is not a book on schemes or what not, it is a way to change your approach (I guess this is the best way to describe it). In the first scroll, one of the points is to mentally greet every person in your head (not out loud) and say I Love You (once again in your head). This changes the expression in your face which in turn is picked up by the consumer and instantly starts everything out on a good foot. It allows the consumer to be more open to you. I've been doing this for a month and it works. No matter how bad of a mood I am in, I do this and I am instanly relaxed with a smile on my face.

Like I said this is not a book about sles pitches or what not, it is a book designed to change you as a salesman. If you get a chance pick it up. It is only $8.00 and it works. Since I have been doing this (I am on scroll 3) each customer that has come in I have had great conversations, built faster repeat customers, made new friends etc.

Old 11-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
Wilomn
But have your sales increased or are you just having better conversations?

Old 11-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #3
scalesnstuff
Sales have increased

and on top of that our new customers are bringing friends back the second time to check out the store. An example, one kid came in who was a die hard Critter Connection fan (one of our competitiors), this was about 2 weeks ago. He came I did the stuff that I was reading, he asked me a million questions, then came back that evening with his mother and bout a Sumatran Blood Python $99.00 dollars, then came back two days later and got an adult sumatran which I did for $100.00. (I picked them up in Daytona) then brought a friend in 3 days later who spent $150.00 so far plus his mother is doing some shopping for Christmas, this is just one example but the customer base has really been growing.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:45 PM   #4
Wilomn
Cool. It's nice when it works.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!