Valpo Indiana and Indy shows. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 05-10-2006, 03:17 AM   #1
Melissa_Khrs
Valpo Indiana and Indy shows.

Do any of you here attend either of these shows? What do you think of them so far as variety and value for the buyer attending?

Old 05-10-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
RJBILBY
Indy Show

The Indianapolis show is very unpredictable. I've gone some months and the place is totally full of vendors and great to go to, and I've gone other months and the place was half empty. So I guess it depends if you go on a good month or not. I haven't figured out a pattern on when to go either. I think they used to be better when they did them on the Sundays after the All Ohio Swap was on the Saturday before???
Good Luck!
Rick

Old 05-10-2006, 08:42 AM   #3
Casey Hulse
`We vend at Valpo every month, and it is usually a very small show, 6-15 herp vendors, and the same # who sell birds, bird supplies, sometimes there are puppies or kittens or a wide variety of house plants and Chinchillas. I have not been to Indy in a while, but it used to be a pretty good show and I am sure it is still much bigger/better than Valpo.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #4
lds2
The Valpo show is small, but it is a great opportunity to get feeders at a good price and you always have some quality breeders there such as Darla and Casey, Brian Kollwitz , and a couple of others.

Casey is right, the Indy show is bigger and I have done very well the times that I have set up a table there. You will find a bigger variety of breeders at the Indy show.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #5
snakebiteAZ1
I have not

been to the Indy show since April 99' , but they always had a good turn out, frozen feeders from Brian Hahn, were very cheap.. I could buy Jumbo rats for a buck a piece.. I will be coming to Indy for my daughters Wedding at the end of this month.. Could anyone tell me the date of the next show!!! Thanks Mike

Old 05-10-2006, 01:05 PM   #6
RJBILBY
Show Dates

The next two show dates in Indy are:
May 21, 2006
June 25, 2006
I will probably be at both.
Rick

Old 05-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #7
snakebiteAZ1
Thanks

but it looks like i am going to miss it.. We are not leaving here in Arizona til the 23rd. Oh well maybe next time i make it to Indiana.. Have a good one, and let me know how the show goes

Old 05-10-2006, 11:57 PM   #8
Melissa_Khrs
Didn't there also used to be a show in Ft. Wayne? I haven't seen it advertised anywhere so I'm assuming it closed.

Thank you to those that have replied.

Old 05-18-2006, 03:35 AM   #9
Melissa_Khrs
Are any of you going to be at the Valpo show on the 27th? And also with the lack of responses should I assume that the Ft. Wayne so has indeed been permanently closed? I know it seemed to be dwindling.

Old 05-18-2006, 07:28 AM   #10
RJBILBY
Ft Wayne and Valpo

I personally have never been to a show in Ft. Wayne. That does not mean that there never was and still is not one there. I just have never been to it. It is a little farther than I want to drive from the Cincinnati area. I have never been to the Valpo show either. Indy is almost 2 hours from me. Valpo is farther and I've never made the drive. So what I guess i am saying is, No I will not be in Valpo this weekend. I probably will be in Indy though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!