FedEx: Get your *stuff* together!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #1
PaulSage
Angry FedEx: Get your *stuff* together!!!

I sent out three packages yesterday via Priority overnight service. Two were headed to CA, the other to VA. This morning (around 3:00am) the tracking data showed that they were still in Bartonville, IL. I figured they just hadn't made the plane to Memphis yet. Anyway, to make the last 5 1/2 hours of my day short... WHY CAN'T FEDEX TELL THEIR EMPLOYEES THAT THEY DO ACCEPT AND SHIP LIVE REPTILES?!? HASN'T ANYONE EVER HEARD OF A COMPANY MEMO?!?

Besides, even if a FedEx employee hasn't been informed of their exception policy, I put this sticker on the outside of my packages - right on top near the shipping label:

NO ONE called me OR my rep. when the folks in Bartonville, IL decided my packages were "hazardous" (that's what they told one of my customers--they gave me a different story), EVEN THOUGH I have that disclaimer sticker on the damn boxes.

Anyway, they're apparently on their way to Memphis now, but the tracing agent (FedEx employee number 5 that I've spoken to today) said she really doubted that they'd be delivered today yet, but they should be there tomorrow. IF someone in Bartonville, IL had called me and said "whoa... " I would have DRIVEN all the way there (even though I dont' have a clue where it is) to pick them up. But no. They can't communicate their exception policies to people who apparently have the authority to make such executive decisions, NOR can they read a damn box.

I guess it's a good thing I had my last midterm yesterday, but this isn't really how I imagined starting my spring break.

(sorry for any typos, I pound away at the keyboard pretty fast when I'm ticked off)

Old 03-09-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
PaulSage
Would anyone be interested in signing a letter that I plan to send to the FedEx HQ (wherever that is) politely requesting that they inform all of their employees to their exception policy? I know that this same thing has happened to others in the past, and it might not be entirely effective, but it would at least be an attempt to prevent this shenanigans from happening quite as often.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
PaulSage
Scratch that.

I just got off the phone with legal and the "trace agent". According to their current story, "mechanical problems" in Bartonville, IL caused the delay and it had nothing to do with the contents or labeling of my packages. WHY on Earth they told one of the customers that it was because of "hazardous" materials, I don't know.

Supposedly, they'll arrive tomorrow. Right now they're still in Memphis, and they're under a tornado warning.

Too bad passenger pigeons are extinct. I was only shipping baby corn snakes, and I'm sure the damn birds could have carried them to where they need to go with less issues.

Old 03-09-2006, 04:38 PM   #4
Jeremy Letkey
Good luck with your delivery Paul.

Old 03-09-2006, 04:58 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
That sucks Paul, I know the box you sent me had the sticker and your phone number on it too in big writing. Hope they get there OK tomorrow!

Old 03-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
Scott Ashton
Wink

Hey Paul - I think there might be a problem with your printer. It looks like the contact information has been blocked out. I highlighted the problem areas in red.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pauls_sticker.jpg (30.7 KB, 65 views)

Old 03-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #7
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shavemycoinpurse
Hey Paul - I think there might be a problem with your printer. It looks like the contact information has been blocked out. I highlighted the problem areas in red.
lol I was waiting for someone to say something about that.
I've managed to calm down a little... they just left Memphis, so apparently the tornado didn't take them to visit Dorothy and Todo.

OH, and I don't know why I blacked out my own phone number. It's on my website and my GGC thingy anyway.

Old 03-09-2006, 07:33 PM   #8
Junkyard
Paul, you have the best of luck with FedEx

Old 03-09-2006, 10:03 PM   #9
dragonflyreptiles
I thought you blacked it out to do the post here, I know the one I got said soemthing like FedX certified, certifiate on file, you name, phone number and some other info.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #10
dragonflyreptiles
and yes I need spell check but on my dial up its a long task lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!