New Garg in a couple days :] - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
BrittneyM
New Garg in a couple days :]

I am beyond excited! this will be my first gargoyle and first Rhac! Ive owned a leo in the past but have since been getting more into snakes. I found this little guy and fell in love :] He should be getting shipped within the next few days. In my excitement i have pimped out his tank. Here it is for your veiwing pleasure!

--Brittney
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg tank3.jpeg (151.7 KB, 73 views)

Old 04-28-2012, 03:13 AM   #2
BrittneyM
I will update pictures as soon as i receive the little guy :]

Old 04-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
pakinjak
Congratulations on your first rhac. I would suggest though, to put a couple more vertically oriented branches in the tank. Leopard geckos mostly only use the floor, but a gargoyle will use anything it can climb on so the more branches=the more usable cage space. Of course, you don't want it so cluttered you can't see them but neither do you want them to feel exposed and/or only have use of 30% of the cage.

Congrats again, I'm sure you'll enjoy your gargoyle. They're great geckos.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
BrittneyM
Thank you for the advice! You cant see it in the picture but there is a second branch leading up into the back right corner of the cage. The leaves are coveriing most of it so he a nice place to hide. I was looking into some larger bark peices and a couple small hides for the tank as well though! Unfortunately my local pet supply stores are pretty limited :/ But i should be able to find somthing sooner or later!

Thanks again!

Old 04-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
pakinjak
I thought there was something back there. You can use branches you collect yourself, and with a tank of that size it won't be any problem at all preparing them. If you put them in a large tupperware and pour boiling water all over them, let them sit for a while and then bake them on 250 for 45 minutes or so that should kill anything that's in them. It's cheaper too. I collect my own branches for my Uroplatus enclosures and they're too big to fit in an oven so they don't even get that treatment, yet everybody is fine.

Also, for small animals I think those flexible vines are a nice way to link branches and fill up an enclosure the way you like it. Good luck with your new garg!

Old 04-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
BrittneyM
Oh thank you! I have been wondering how to cure your own self collected branches! Now if only there were some exotic trees around my area. haha!

Old 04-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
pakinjak
I use birch, maple and cherry. Just pick sections that appeal to you or compliment your animals. Stay away from sappy woods like pine etc. and choose hardwoods.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #8
BrittneyM
I knew that much at the very least lol Tuesday can't even come soon enough. My excitement is building to epic proportions haha

Old 04-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
BrittneyM
In the email i just received, was this adorable picture letting me know my little guy is on his way!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G1 ship.jpg (94.4 KB, 49 views)

Old 05-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #10
Pasodama
Congrats on your first Gargoyle Gecko &/or Rhac in general.
I think you will really enjoy him/her. Gargoyles are great.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!