So...when one clutchmate hatches.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-22-2005, 05:46 PM   #1
Sarah H
So...when one clutchmate hatches....

And decides to flip and roll his clutchmate who is still an egg to the oppostie side of the contianer, think the one in the egg will still be ok?

I found the egg vertical in a hole his clutchmate dug. I replaced to it's proper side but i think it may have been moved for at least a few hours.
You guys think it will be ok since it should be hatching soon?

Old 03-22-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
Jeremy Letkey
Sarah, I have had this happen also. 99 times out of 100 the other egg hatches just fine if you manage to put it back into it's origional position. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 03-22-2005, 06:52 PM   #3
leaftail
Sibling rivalry at its earliest and most primitive... I hope your other egg is still ok too. Dang those little leos. I picture him digging a hole and shoving the egg in.

Old 03-22-2005, 07:10 PM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
I hope it hatches for you! And post pics of the little egg shover lol

Old 03-22-2005, 07:18 PM   #5
Sarah H
Thanks Jeremy, I hope i got it back in the right position, the mark had faded , i think i used on of my daughters markers that day. The last clutch hatched a day apart so hopefully I will know by tomorrow if all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaftail
Sibling rivalry at its earliest and most primitive... I hope your other egg is still ok too. Dang those little leos. I picture him digging a hole and shoving the egg in.
Haha, that made me laugh I can picture it too.
They are acually AFTs, I knew I would get a faster reponse here. I've acually have never had a Leo do that, I had one that dug a huge hole in the perlite down to the bottom of the container but she had the decensy to leave her sister alone aside from buring her.

Old 03-23-2005, 02:15 AM   #6
Blazin
Think it will be fine

Hey Sarah I have had that happen as well. Will most likely be fine. Hey I want to see those pics of the Bells I sent ya!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!