Jesus Cordova, AKA Xcape - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:05 PM   #1
Jim Giacobbe
Jesus Cordova, AKA Xcape

WARNING!!!!! WHATEVER YOU DO ABSOLUTELY DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM JESUS CORDOVA (aka Xcape)!!!! I purchased 1.1 Chameleo calyptratus from him, and when they arrived I noticed that the female's left front leg was broken. I immediately contacted him and he said. That's too bad she was like that when he had purchased her.
I have been a working Herpetologist for over 15 years and can not believe that there are people out there that will misrepresent there animals. How he can live with himself I have no Idea. Must be hard to sleep at night being such a lowlife!!!!

Old 01-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
garweft
It's a sad world when you cannot trust someone named Jesus.

Do you have any email messages and/or pics that you can post?

Old 01-12-2007, 04:17 AM   #3
Jim Giacobbe
Dishonest Seller! Jesus Cordova, AKA Xcape

This is the email I received from Jesus Cordova. He never once told me about the animal's leg. In fact all the pictures he sent me were of the animals right side not the bad side. It is unfortunate that this site would allow people like this to mislead others. Please do not but anything from this very dishonest person. I have the pictures that he sent me and none of them show the animals leg. If anyone would like to see them let me know and I would be more than happy to e-mail them to you. I'm not going to get in a big dispute about this. It is certainly not about the money. It is just the principle!!

From Seller: Jesus Cordova . The chameleons leg was like that when i received them. All my animals are feed well. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I sent numerous pictures to you before you purchased them. I asked you to make an offer and you offered 250.00 for the chameleons in the pictures, so for that i feel its fair. I did tell you 50.00 for shipping but surprisingly it was lower than the clerk said. Therefore i will refund 31.20 for the differences. Sorry it took so long to reply, i was out of town for a few days.

From buyer: James Giacobbe on 1/6/2007 16:52 PST
Jesus, The chameleons you have sent me are not in top condition. The female has a deformity in one of her legs that can only be a break. The male's casque is deformed and sunken in. I have worked with reptiles for over 30 years, specifically chameleons, and know for a fact that these are deformities that occur over time. This is not something that could have happened during shipping and could not be the fault of the shipping company. I am requesting that you refund me some of the money that I paid you. I paid you full price for these animals, because you advertised that they were in perfect condition. If I had been able to see these deformities beforehand, I would never have paid full price for them. Not to mention you charged me $50 for shipping when the actual cost of shipping was only $18.80. I have emailed you through my personal email and you have not responded. I am hoping that you will respond to this so that I do not have to pursue this matter further. Thank you, Jim

Old 01-12-2007, 04:29 AM   #4
Jim Giacobbe
Dishonest Seller! Jesus Cordova, AKA Xcape

WARNING!!!!! WHATEVER YOU DO ABSOLUTELY DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM JESUS CORDOVA (aka Xcape)!!!! I purchased 1.1 Chameleo calyptratus from him, and when they arrived I noticed that the female's left front leg was broken. I immediately contacted him and he said. That's too bad she was like that when he had purchased her.
I have been a working Herpetologist for over 15 years and can not believe that there are people out there that will misrepresent there animals. How he can live with himself I have no Idea. Must be hard to sleep at night being such a lowlife!!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 04:44 AM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Jim, I understand you feel cheated here, but I gather you don't know how this forum works.

Starting three separate threads right on the front page of the BOI is going to get your posts deleted.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=93884
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=471499
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=471502

I am going to assume you are trying to bring it back up to the top. You need to post within thesame thread. It will accomplish the same.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:45 AM   #6
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Giacobbe
It is unfortunate that this site would allow people like this to mislead others.
Allow?
Are you suggesting that this site willingly permits scammers to take advantage of unsuspecting patrons? Or is it expected that the operators of this website should display precognitive abilities and implement measures to prevent these previously unknown people to perpetrate their scams in the first place?
Unfortunately we know of no members here who are
clairvoyant.

I realize you just joined this site recently and probably do not know its history. It was created for the sole purpose of exposing those who choose to mislead others in this hobby. The rest of the site merely grew out of that beginning.
The unfortunate fact is that we simply do not know who the bad guys are until they do something wrong. Then that experience can be reported here as you have done and others will know. However one thread concerning the transaction is adequate, and the duplicate threads you are posting will most likely be deleted.

Of one thing you can be certain, every website which contains reptile classifieds will have a few scammers preying on the public, but I feel completely safe in making the statement that you will find far fewer here than on any other site. That does not change the fact that a few will still try to play their games here.
I am truly sorry you had this experience, both for you and the animals involved. I definitely would not just let this go, the seller should make restitution which in my opinion should be a full refund. Inform him of this thread so he can respond here and see that his actions on this site will not go unnoticed.
This thread will now come up on any search made for his name and hopefully that will prevent anyone else from falling victim.

Should you want to post the pictures you have taken, you can do so directly here in the forum. When you make a post scroll down a bit and you'll see the area where you can attach an image. If you have problems with it you can email me or any other regular member and we'll be glad to help you.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:49 AM   #7
Dennis Hultman
Plus he started one about you as well.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=93910

Both you need to address it in one thread.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:55 AM   #8
kmurphy
Jim Giacobbe wrote"

Quote:
Sounds like a bad buyer. can u believe a man at his age, as immature as he is, a herpetologist for over 15 years would complain about animals that he knew exactly what condition there were in. I told him about the leg as you guys can clearly see the condition shes in this picture that was on the ad(look in between the hands an elbow). Because of the leg, I posted on the ad "make offer".
Are there any emails where you clearly state that the chameleon's leg is broken. If not that picture isn't sufficient. If you didn't make sure the buyer was aware of the leg condition you were attempting a scam - IMO.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #9
kmurphy
Sorry this should have said Jesus Cordova said:

Quote:
Sounds like a bad buyer. can u believe a man at his age, as immature as he is, a herpetologist for over 15 years would complain about animals that he knew exactly what condition there were in. I told him about the leg as you guys can clearly see the condition shes in this picture that was on the ad(look in between the hands an elbow). Because of the leg, I posted on the ad "make offer".

Are there any emails where you clearly state that the chameleon's leg is broken. If not that picture isn't sufficient. If you didn't make sure the buyer was aware of the leg condition you were attempting a scam - IMO.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #10
Jim Giacobbe
Kevin,
Thanks, You see that Jesus did not once mention the fact that the chameleon's leg was broken. When I asked for clearer pictures all the ones he sent me were of the chameleons good side. I guess there will always be some dishonest people out there.
Thanks,
Jim

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!